British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway4ever

Redcar V Berwick 23/8

Predictions for this meeting and who's travelling to watch this ones as not only away fans, but we are getting quite a few more fans from different clubs who like the racing around MPA.

I will be travelling to this one. I have noticed fellow Workington fans at Redcar with a sprinkling of around a dozen Sheffield and Newcastle fans along with some from Scunthorpe and Belle Vue. I suppose if you have one of the best race tracks in the country along with a winning team you will attract the fans.

Always felt entertained at the MPA , good presentation, decent food at decent prices and that Bear is always worth watching between races.

Berwick usually push the Bears so I'm going 50-40.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

NBJ will be out, any Redcar injuries? Unsure if R/R or Guest, with our team set up I’d go with a guest for away meetings personally 

Proctor, Covatti, or Garrity would fit if they went down the guest route. 

2 hours ago, Normski said:

Don't think Covatti, would be eligible, due to the 8 day rule. Somerset are at Redcar, on the  30th of August.

12 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Don't think Covatti, would be eligible, due to the 8 day rule. Somerset are at Redcar, on the  30th of August.

The 8-day rule only applies to guest bookings, not appearances for a rider’s own Club.

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

The 8-day rule only applies to guest bookings, not appearances for a rider’s own Club.

So would he be eligible, when his official club, come calling in under 8 days time. I believed it worked before and after. 

3 hours ago, Normski said:

What about Barker? 

18 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

What about Barker? 

He will be at Scunthorpe :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

So would he be eligible, when his official club, come calling in under 8 days time. I believed it worked before and after. 

Appearances for a rider’s own Club play no part in the 8-day rule.

For example a rider could appear as a guest at Berwick on a Saturday, ride for his own Club there on the following Saturday, then guest once again on the following Saturday. He could not however appear as a guest on successive Saturdays.

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule - if the rider is guesting for the home No 1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team.

Edited by NeilWatson

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Appearances for a rider’s own Club play no part in the 8-day rule.

For example a rider could appear as a guest at Berwick on a Saturday, ride for his own Club there on the following Saturday, then guest once again on the following Saturday. He could not however appear as a guest on successive Saturdays.

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule - if the rider is guesting for the home No 1 or is an NDL rider guesting for the home team.

Thank you for that info. Did it once apply, when a rider, was due to make an appearance, with their own club. The way the rule currently stands, seems to make it beneficial to the riders own club. Me personally, I would be in favour of doing away with the rule altogether.

44 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Thank you for that info. Did it once apply, when a rider, was due to make an appearance, with their own club. The way the rule currently stands, seems to make it beneficial to the riders own club. Me personally, I would be in favour of doing away with the rule altogether.

I believe that was the case in the past.