British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

1 minute ago, orion said:

Your will  get home quicker as you we be leaving before the end 

Fighting talk ;)

15 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon will get more than a two point win at home so on aggregate, which is what happens in the playoffs, we win.  It will be interesting if the Poole riders can cope with a track without bumps.   

No TS in playoffs though, Swindon seem to rely on those a little bit ;)

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No TS in playoffs though, Swindon seem to rely on those a little bit ;)

Needs thinking about. Wouldn't surprise me if changes will be looked at before the play offs.

Going. Glug. Glug. Swindon by 14. At least.

• Haha 1

It should be a close affair but Swindon get stronger from heat 13 i recon a 8/10 point home win.I still think Poole are vulnerable  at the top end and even at reserve away from home Wells is no world beater there should be some good racing.

Both Holder & Kurtz are better at Swindon than they are at Poole so expecting a tense night especially with Wolves winning at Belle Vue.

Can’t afford any slip ups at home from here on in.

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Should be the Battle of Blunsdon on Thursday night as the Pirates head the 68 miles up the road. So far this season Poole have come away with 2 draws. We have riders that go well there and there’s no reason why this one won’t be close.

Certainly Doyle will be virtually unbeatable and Batchelor is showing some of the best form of his career. While we don’t have that type of firepower we do have good scoring reserves.

Lets hope the weather is OK and there’s a big crowd for this one.

Yeah should be a cracker. Will be the biggest crowd of the season so far I would imagine. Wouldn't be surprised to see another 46-44 with Covatti keeping it close.

1 hour ago, Crazy robin said:

Both Holder & Kurtz are better at Swindon than they are at Poole so expecting a tense night especially with Wolves winning at Belle Vue.

Holder is a better rider away from home. Worrall is poor away so r/r is good option for the Poirates. Hoping for good close racing and big crowd, with the famous Abbey roar in heats 13 and 15. Doyle and Batch are on current form the top 2 in league. Rasser and Muesli very good at home. The only concern is Adam moving at the start, and number 7 is a problem.

Edited by auntie doris

22 minutes ago, Warriors said:

I see Poole still don't know how to get rid of a hole, they think filling it in is the answer,:rofl:

This meeting isn't at Poole!

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Needs thinking about. Wouldn't surprise me if changes will be looked at before the play offs.

It was already looked at, that's why we don't have them anymore! It was deemed unfair as a team can use it twice and the others zero. Maybe only away teams can use it, as being able to use it at home is ridiculous! 

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

It should be a close affair but Swindon get stronger from heat 13 i recon a 8/10 point home win.I still think Poole are vulnerable  at the top end and even at reserve away from home Wells is no world beater there should be some good racing.

Agree, you never know what Jack and Brady are gonna do!

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Haha, are you doing an SS??!! Lol, 12 point win for Swindon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah should be a cracker. Will be the biggest crowd of the season so far I would imagine. Wouldn't be surprised to see another 46-44 with Covatti keeping it close.

Oh come on, stop playing it down. Unless we are 10 up before H13, it won't be close! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh come on, stop playing it down. Unless we are 10 up before H13, it won't be close! 

We have had 2 45-45 draws at ours so far and Holder and Kurtz are mint around our place. Covatti will easily outscore our reserves and the teams are very evenly matched so another close one prediction is hardly playing it down. Its common sense.