British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

We have had 2 45-45 draws at ours so far and Holder and Kurtz are mint around our place. Covatti will easily outscore our reserves and the teams are very evenly matched so another close one prediction is hardly playing it down. Its common sense. 

Is this the same Covatti who got 3 points there last time! ;) Also JD only 5+3 last time, can add at least another 8 on for Thurs! Also NBJ got 9+1, so will miss that, although if we still had him he would be out anyways. Richie got 7 there last time so not sure about r/r making us stronger. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is this the same Covatti who got 3 points there last time! ;) Also JD only 5+3 last time, can add at least another 8 on for Thurs! Also NBJ got 9+1, so will miss that, although if we still had him he would be out anyways. Richie got 7 there last time so not sure about r/r making us stronger. 

Alright Shovlar calm down!!! I think we will win but i will be amazed if its by a lot. Holder and Kurtz will score more than they did last night. 

12 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Alright Shovlar calm down!!! I think we will win but i will be amazed if its by a lot. Holder and Kurtz will score more than they did last night. 

Can't carry anyone with Richie out. Nic's form is a slight worry, didn't do great in Poland either. I'll drop it to a 10 point Swindon win, but be surprised if it's lower. Happy to be wrong though.

As for calling me Shovlar, he thinks no reason why we can't win there (or do well) on social media! Well that's what was said last week. Might have changed his mind now though.

Edited by lisa-colette

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't carry anyone with Richie out. Nic's form is a slight worry, didn't do great in Poland either. I'll drop it to a 10 point Swindon win, but be surprised if it's lower. Happy to be wrong though.

As for calling me Shovlar, he thinks no reason why we can't win there (or do well) on social media! Well that's what was said last week. Might have changed his mind now though.

Yeah well i'm sure when it comes to the crunch and he puts his predictions on here it will be a different story!!! 

I would be amazed if it was 10. But as I said I do think we will win so i'm not playing anything down. 

I think we will be fine. If we get a point it will be ok. A win at Ipswich next Thursday has to be the target though Ipswich won’t be as poor as last week.

We don’t have the fire power in 13 and 15 so an 8 point gain is almost guaranteed. No silly falls or dropped points at reserve and it could be close. I am hoping for a classic. 

‘By the way is Gavan banned yet again? Thought he would have been on saying how well Swindon did last night and they are clear favourites for the league blah de blah....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

No TS in playoffs though, Swindon seem to rely on those a little bit ;)

I should wait and see Poole needing to use TS in this meeting and the aggregate scores  

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I should wait and see Poole needing to use TS in this meeting and the aggregate 

Hmmm, yes. I'm sure Swindon will edge it. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think we will be fine. If we get a point it will be ok. A win at Ipswich next Thursday has to be the target though Ipswich won’t be as poor as last week.

We don’t have the fire power in 13 and 15 so an 8 point gain is almost guaranteed. No silly falls or dropped points at reserve and it could be close. I am hoping for a classic. 

‘By the way is Gavan banned yet again? Thought he would have been on saying how well Swindon did last night and they are clear favourites for the league blah de blah....

In fairness Steve, Swindon are favourites judging by last night, as you say too much top end firepower for us but we have riders who go well at The Abbey so we can keep it close especially if our reserves fire like they can.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

In fairness Steve, Swindon are favourites judging by last night, as you say too much top end firepower for us but we have riders who go well at The Abbey so we can keep it close especially if our reserves fire like they can.

Hmmm ... slowly changing your tune!  :)

54 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm ... slowly changing your tune!  :)

Yes, funnily enough foreverblue had suggested on the Ipswich v Swindon thread that ‘top teams win by more than 2 points’.

What do you think he meant by this comment, DC?

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I'd agree with that. Swindon need Ellis Perks to chip in with 3 or 4  at home, otherwise it could be tight.

Although Perks only scored 1 at Poole,  he was giving 100%.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree, you never know what Jack and Brady are gonna do!

The coombdog is right though Lisa as Jack and especially Brady can be excellent at our place there problem is consistency.

46 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The coombdog is right though Lisa as Jack and especially Brady can be excellent at our place there problem is consistency.

agreed jack nor brady has stepped up a gear this season . to be fair brady has had a couple of injuries though .you got the big guns in doyle and batch close meeting that's where we could lose in heat 13 and 15 exciting I must say 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Yes, funnily enough foreverblue had suggested on the Ipswich v Swindon thread that ‘top teams win by more than 2 points’.

What do you think he meant by this comment, DC?

That was in response to his dig at Poole, Swindon are a top team so are Poole just a bit of friendly banter.