British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

Good meeting .. thou the score don't show it Poole were always in the mix and on another day that match could have been a lot closer 

• Like 1

An excellent performance from the Robins, with the Top 5 all filling their boots. Personally, I wouldn’t go with a strong Top 5...:drink:

It was also good to see that the Robins mid-season trip to Eastbourne has reinvigorated Vissing. He came off the ropes swinging and there was definitely more fight about his performance tonight.

The Robins look like they are the sole contenders in the heavyweight division, whilst the Pirates , on tonight’s evidence, look like they belong in the bantamweight division. 

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Good meeting .. thou the score don't show it Poole were always in the mix and on another day that match could have been a lot closer 

Meeting was over after heat 8.

35 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

I shouted over to JG after heat 15 whilst he was popping wheelies 'you didn't win you know!' :rofl:

Course you did. If people aren't on Twitter they won't get the context of this and see how pathetic and childish you are. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay so:

thecoombdog

Sidneytherobin

Crazyrobin

So they officially know nothing :P

So going on that theory Mr Shovlar knows nothing as he tips every Poole meeting to be a struggle or you lot to get beat 

On 8/20/2019 at 12:42 AM, Col said:

Going. Glug. Glug. Swindon by 14. At least.

What did I say?

Have to say, that was a great meeting to watch, yes we won comfortably but the racing was very good.

Only Brady & Josh put up a fight, not happy with NK in heat 3 putting left turns down the straights on TM.. he's better than that.

Shame this one wasn't on the telly as it was far superior than Monday's meeting.

• Like 1

Any Poole fans who went i’d be interested to hear your views. There were a few scattered down the back straight by where I stand so hopeful One or two may be members on here. 

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Course you did. If people aren't on Twitter they won't get the context of this and see how pathetic and childish you are. 

Bad loser ..glug glug glug 

• Like 2

Good to see the Swindon fans are clueless as ever, if you haven't seen what was on twitter you won't get it so

Whhòooooooosssssshhhhh to you all :D B)

Shame the pirates put up such a pathetic fight tonight as the racing was as good as it’s ever been at Blunsdon. If it was a tighter score line or something riding on the last heat, it would have gone down as an all time classic. Heat 15 looked more like a demonstration race than anything else, lost count of the number of passes during the 4 laps. Over the 15 heats there was barely a tapes to flag result as far as I recall.

Credit to the track team, they got it pretty much spot on tonight. After the first couple of matches where the track was quite slick but making some good racing, they went too far the other way and put too much dirt on it, making it a bit choppy and unpredictable, but crucially making the dirt line once it built up, the only fast line on the track. Generally you could stick your back wheel in it and not worry too much about being passed. 

It’s been getting better since, but tonight was perfect. Enough dirt for a decent dirt line to build up, but not so much that it makes the inside of the track redundant. There was a line on the white line (the 1st bend dive bomb should be something our riders should be perfecting), round the fence, mid track cut backs, the lot. Bloody great. People go on about track curating being a real art, but these days, a relatively smooth and predictable surface and the right ratio of dirt allowed to build up out wide relative to the inside, and you can’t be far off. I don’t understand why tracks over here make such a meal of it in general.

Credit to Vissing tonight, he deserved to score in each of his rides, even against the middle order Poole riders, not just the reserves. If he can pop out the start more often or be a bit smarter in the first bend, he’ll be doing fine.

Like I said about the match on Monday, All the bleating mid meeting about us being useless without decent reserves is ridiculous. Anything can and usually does happen in the playoffs, but we’ve as good a chance of winning them as anyone, really we should be favourites at this point. Just worry we’re peaking too early.

Edited by Speedy swindon pete
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Good to see the Swindon fans are clueless as ever, if you haven't seen what was on twitter you won't get it so

Whhòooooooosssssshhhhh to you all :D B)

Shovvy hasn't sold you a painting, has he? Something seems to be rubbing off on you lately :)

• Like 2

Is it possible that Poole struggled because they were unable to bounce in to the corners tonight?

Just reading the Star, and I have to say that I am loving Richie Worrall’s sense of humour. Apparently, and I think he said this with a straight face, Klindt and Scrabble are the best 3 and 4 in the league.

Is it possible he meant they are the best at getting 3s and 4s?

Keep it up Rich. 

Just got back after being detoured through the bloody new forest as the A31 was shut.

Credit to Swindon for a very good strong performance tonight and we couldn’t live with them. But really we should at least got close to a point had our number one showed up and Brady hadn’t gone into the tapes. Two points from Holder is not good enough. In heat one of all his meetings it’s either 1 or 0. If I get time I shall go back and check but he gets beaten by riders he should be beating in heat one every week. 

Decent sized crowd but expected it to be bigger than that. This will probably be the final as well so we need to sharpen up. Too often we we left standing at the tapes but the ref did allow some huge rollers, one from Ellis and heat two from Perks the obvious ones.

But no complaints. Beaten by the better team who now have the label of clear favourites going into the playoffs. For a change we don’t have that pressure on us or the expectation.

As for the track, far superior to the old race circuit. Plenty of passing tonight.

• Like 1