British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back after being detoured through the bloody new forest as the A31 was shut.

Credit to Swindon for a very good strong performance tonight and we couldn’t live with them. But really we should at least got close to a point had our number one showed up and Brady hadn’t gone into the tapes. Two points from Holder is not good enough. In heat one of all his meetings it’s either 1 or 0. If I get time I shall go back and check but he gets beaten by riders he should be beating in heat one every week. 

Decent sized crowd but expected it to be bigger than that. This will probably be the final as well so we need to sharpen up. Too often we we left standing at the tapes but the ref did allow some huge rollers, one from Ellis and heat two from Perks the obvious ones.

But no complaints. Beaten by the better team who now have the label of clear favourites going into the playoffs. For a change we don’t have that pressure on us or the expectation.

As for the track, far superior to the old race circuit. Plenty of passing tonight.

I wasn't there, but it don't seem a bad analysis from Poole's most biased fan on here. A few little digs mind. ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wasn't there, but it don't seem a bad analysis from Poole's most biased fan on here. A few little digs mind. ;)

I congratulated Swindon on their win. They are rivals so not going to be too nice.:lol:

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Is it possible that Poole struggled because they were unable to bounce in to the corners tonight?

Just reading the Star, and I have to say that I am loving Richie Worrall. Klindt and Scrabble are the best 3 and 4 in the league.

He meant they are the best at getting 13s and 14s.

Keep it up Rich. 

There, much better.

Well that was a stuffing, Swindon superior and clearly favourites,it is theirs to lose. For Poole Brady rode well and was our best rider by a large margin, Josn did well too and Covatti threw everything at it for little reward. Jack was hopeless, Wells was poor too. For Swindon, Doyle was excellent as usual, Batchelor took Jack twice from behind and rode ok generally, Jensen was superb and must the the bargain of the season on his average, Musielak was ok, Perks was good value and won heat 2, Vissing was ok and clearly was trying hard,Ellis rode well too. Overall a very impressive performance from the Robins. Good meeting with plenty of passing on a well prepared track. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Shovvy hasn't sold you a painting, has he? Something seems to be rubbing off on you lately :)

Just having to interact with people who have less intelligence than a piece of rock on the beach -_-

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just got back after being detoured through the bloody new forest as the A31 was shut.

Credit to Swindon for a very good strong performance tonight and we couldn’t live with them. But really we should at least got close to a point had our number one showed up and Brady hadn’t gone into the tapes. Two points from Holder is not good enough. In heat one of all his meetings it’s either 1 or 0. If I get time I shall go back and check but he gets beaten by riders he should be beating in heat one every week. 

Decent sized crowd but expected it to be bigger than that. This will probably be the final as well so we need to sharpen up. Too often we we left standing at the tapes but the ref did allow some huge rollers, one from Ellis and heat two from Perks the obvious ones.

But no complaints. Beaten by the better team who now have the label of clear favourites going into the playoffs. For a change we don’t have that pressure on us or the expectation.

As for the track, far superior to the old race circuit. Plenty of passing tonight.

Image result for tarmac rollersI think Brady was sponsored by this one in Heat 3 and looked like Jack was riding it in Heats 1 & 5. :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, foreverblue said:

I still don't think Swindon are favourites, we shall see on Monday when they face an in form team. I wouldn't be afraid of Poole facing them , I agree they have the best top five and Ellis is going well but I still think they would struggle against Wolves or Poole with a full team.

Mmmm.....I wonder if this opinion may have changed? :drink:

• Like 2

Looking at it now Swindon have to be the favourites but come the play/offs that will be a different test and anything is possible.All us Swindon fans would all have to say we have been very very lucky in this campaign in securing Rasmus Jensen.A top five of Doyley,Lampart,Ellis,Batch, Tobi, was nowhere near as powerful as the one we have now.

• Like 1

Jensen was either brilliant research and scouting or a huge stroke of luck. Either way he has transformed Swindon’s season. 

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Jensen was either brilliant research and scouting or a huge stroke of luck. Either way he has transformed Swindon’s season. 

A huge stroke of luck. 

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

A huge stroke of luck. 

Yes, we also had a huge stroke of luck when we got Alpen on a 4.5 average, swapped Doyle for Magic and picked up Kildemand in the reserve berth.  

Could it also be the manager knows what he is doing? 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Just having to interact with people who have less intelligence  -_-

That's going  to be almost   impossible for you to find anyone

Edited by orion
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, orion said:

That's going almost  going to be  impossible for you to find anyone

Probably only Starman out there TBH 

• Haha 1

Well the result that was expected.....Poole simply cant live with the Swindon top 5.....nobody can

I tipped Swindon at the start......said they needed a decent rider to replace Lampart and a good reserve

I think they will comfortably win the play offs.....Poole were nowhere near last night even using a TS

Hoping we can hold on to a top 4 spot and hoping Poole finish top and choose us

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Perks was good value

Ellis is always good value. One of those real triers for all 4 laps in every race. If people are right, in that Swindon might just win the play offs, it is just possible that Ellis will win three league championships this year. Oh I know that there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip, but that would have to a be a record, surely.