British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Swindon v Poole. Prem. 22/8/19

39 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well the result that was expected.....Poole simply cant live with the Swindon top 5.....nobody can

I tipped Swindon at the start......said they needed a decent rider to replace Lampart and a good reserve

I think they will comfortably win the play offs.....Poole were nowhere near last night even using a TS

Hoping we can hold on to a top 4 spot and hoping Poole finish top and choose us

Whoever finishes top will choose us,,, we are on the slide. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Mmmm.....I wonder if this opinion may have changed? :drink:

Yes opinion changed , you hammered us last night but I think the team can improve especially Jack Holder who was awful.

2 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Yes, we also had a huge stroke of luck when we got Alpen on a 4.5 average, swapped Doyle for Magic and picked up Kildemand in the reserve berth.  

Could it also be the manager knows what he is doing? 

Nah Rosco got  lucky.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Ellis is always good value. One of those real triers for all 4 laps in every race. If people are right, in that Swindon might just win the play offs, it is just possible that Ellis will win three league championships this year. Oh I know that there's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip, but that would have to a be a record, surely.

I think he is a bit flakey , I know he wasn't riding for Swindon but look at last years play off final.

Poole unusually missed a trick at the start of the season when Klindt was recommending Jensen (who he rode with at Worky last season) but MF went for NBJ instead. Its what happens when you take your eye off the ball temporarily.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I think he is a bit flakey , I know he wasn't riding for Swindon but look at last years play off final.

I believe he's referring to Perks, not Adam.

1 minute ago, noggin said:

I believe he's referring to Perks, not Adam.

Yes true good point, Ellis Perks has come on leaps and bounds this year.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Jensen was either brilliant research and scouting or a huge stroke of luck. Either way he has transformed Swindon’s season. 

Doesn't take a lot of research. Klindt tried to get Poole to sign him in the winter but Bjarne also said to Poole to sign NBJ and we went with Bjarne. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't take a lot of research. Klindt tried to get Poole to sign him in the winter but Bjarne also said to Poole to sign NBJ and we weng with Bjarne. 

The moral is listen to Klindt!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Doesn't take a lot of research. Klindt tried to get Poole to sign him in the winter but Bjarne also said to Poole to sign NBJ and we went with Bjarne. 

Always a mistake going with the mobile chicane :wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

That's going  to be almost   impossible for you to find anyone

Not really when you are right here. Have you worked out what I meant yet? No? Thought not.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really when you are right here. Have you worked out what I meant yet? No? Thought not.

your sounding like starman :nono:

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The moral is listen to Klindt!

Tbf NBJ had that really good meeting at Poole last season and the track issues earlier on prob didn't help. 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf NBJ had that really good meeting at Poole last season and the track issues earlier on prob didn't help. 

No I thought it was a bad move letting him go but Rasmus Jensen he isn't!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No I thought it was a bad move letting him go but Rasmus Jensen he isn't!

Bit harsh - Rasmus Jensen first rode in Britain 6 years ago and has never been more than a decent PL rider until this year. NBJ didn't come over until 2015 and has a not too dissimilar PL record. It'll be interesting to see if Jensen can carry his form on into next season.

• Like 1