British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Belle Vue 22/8/19

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Lambert is riding in Poland tomorrow and then the GP challenge on Saturday. Hopefully he comes through ok and lines up for us in Manchester on Monday.  

Was that from a Lynn source ? Fingers crossed Baggy. We need to win this if poss .

Small chance of a play off place  :t:.

Edited by Bald Bloke

He posted it on Facebook. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, krompa said:

2 number ones sharing position, Nicki Pedersen on standby in situations like this would do the trick. I know, only dreaming. :D

Can't see any promotion being able to pay for that? 

Great to read there was some decent racing last night. Hopefully this is a corner turned by Buster to let the track run it's natural course. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Riders will guest if they want, nothing to do with the club they ride for. I see your point about Monday but not tonight tho.

So we get masters in. Do you think he would score well knowing he could potentially stop him having 4 extra matches 

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Great to read there was some decent racing last night. Hopefully this is a corner turned by Buster to let the track run it's natural course. 

Yes, the track seemed in good shape last night, which did provide some very good racing indeed.

Well done to Tony Steele also, who pushed the meeting along at a proper pace, and we were done and dusted by 9.05pm which included an interval.

1 minute ago, Mimmo said:

Yes, the track seemed in good shape last night, which did provide some very good racing indeed.

Well done to Tony Steele also, who pushed the meeting along at a proper pace, and we were done and dusted by 9.05pm which included an interval.

That's exactly how meetings should be done.

Hopefully it becomes the norm at King's Lynn, I may even come back if things improve on a regular basis 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

That's exactly how meetings should be done.

Hopefully it becomes the norm at King's Lynn, I may even come back if things improve on a regular basis 

I hope you do come back Daniel.  Sadly, I know of quite a few people that have stopped attending because of the length of time it has been taking to get through meetings. 

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Was also good to see them let the fans on the track afterwards,with all the riders in the middle bar Schlein.And those that wanted autographs and pictures taken with the riders could do so.It was what is needed also.Would also like to see a fans being given the opportunity to be able to be a passenger on a bike on meeting nights just like the good old days.I suppose H&S has put paid to that one though.

15 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

I hope you do come back Daniel.  Sadly, I know of quite a few people that have stopped attending because of the length of time it has been taking to get through meetings. 

Was it because of the threat of rain? I think the poor racing is a factor too.....I think people could put up with long meetings if the racing was fabulous or quick meetings with few passes if the team are winning, but long meetings with poor racing is a bad combination. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mimmo said:

Very good racing? There was only 1 good race heat 5 between Bewley and Jorgensen. There was a few other passes but mainly due to riders making mistakes who couldn’t ride the track like Berge. 

Not complaining but why was the meeting run so quickly, and wondered if there was rain coming but checked radars and nothing nearby, then thought must be a second half meeting but nothing in the programme. Use to meetings at Kings Lynn being dragged on till at least 9.45pm with loads of tractor grading. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

So we get masters in. Do you think he would score well knowing he could potentially stop him having 4 extra matches 

I don’t think riders think like that. It’s another chance of earning more money.

Harris guests a lot and his team are in the position of a top 4 place.

Meetings pace was almost perfect last night, how it should be. It was helped by not a single restart due to movement at start. Still don't understand why there is such a long gap between heats 14 and 15.

At last, one of the better meetings that was enjoyed....     The biggest surprise of the night was that the Stars reach their interval first,    2 races quicker than the other two meetings.   Slicker track, Better racing, No tractors. I had to question myself, was this really AFA  or was I dreaming.        Keep it up,   it's about time we got it right....:t:

• Like 2

I am pleased to hear the track produced good racing, that hasn't been the case in the last few years, hope Buster is realising poor racing equals poor crowds.