British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Peterborough 22/08/2019

It can’t help but it’s the same for all Ipswich riders and others have coped. 

43 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Its never been Bombers fault he can't find a setup! That whole side of the sport is what has held him back from being a much more successful rider. Yes his gating is iffy but not that terrible, what keeps him an an inconsistent enigma is that he doesn't know how to set a bike up and just lucks in some days but the worst part is that its always somebody else's fault. 

Sounds like this attitude has only been exacerbated by his wife going from social media postings. She seems even more sensitive to criticism of Bomber than he is!

• Like 4

Well another £50 saved by not going. This is so sad because I looked forward to this and Lynn meeting at the beginning of the season especially as we had no home fixtures in August. I cannot justify going with the team we are putting out. Hope the Panthers still do well though.

• Like 2

Poole were here a few weeks ago with a side no one thought had any chance getting even slightly close, and they won.   You never know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes the meetings you think are gonna be poor are the best, you never know with speedway and with our recent form you just can't tell...Nicholls and Tungate normally ride pretty good 

I dont know why but Bomber has never been the same since the new silencers were introduced.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Poole were here a few weeks ago with a side no one thought had any chance getting even slightly close, and they won.   You never know. 

You think Chapman's going tell Peterborough to win at Ipswich tonight and ruin there play off chances :rofl:

• Like 1

I know,, they have been doing a reasonable job of that on their own, don't need busters help. All will be good after tonight though and another 3 points on the board. 

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

In the speedway star today bomber blames the track for his lack of points.  Sometimes it’s grippy and sometimes it’s slick and it’s not his fault he can’t find a set up. 

With 20 years plus experience on all tracks it’s a pretty poor excuse.  The fact is bomber isn’t a number one anymore and hasn’t been for a few seasons 

Maybe the Witches could move their home meetings to Monmore then he would be at home in the league and British final:D

No tungate also now. So agercroft comes in

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

No tungate also now. So agercroft comes in

Has he tripped over his bottom lip?? :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

just seem the team panthers are putting out, this could be the first 75 - 15 for a while

can not see a lot of people bothering for this, I will def be staying at home

• Like 1

Why do they have to lie. He left his passport where he was staying so when he got airport he had no passport. Not this injury malarky

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lurcher said:

just seem the team panthers are putting out, this could be the first 75 - 15 for a while

can not see a lot of people bothering for this, I will def be staying at home

To be honest, I doubt it will make much difference to the crowd at all,,, maybe a very small amount but nothing major, it's speedway and the diehards will go and watch it no matter what.  And for that they should be applauded,, they just loves the sight and noise of speedway bikes going round a track.