British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Peterborough 22/08/2019

I’m expecting a full enquiry into the whereabouts of garrity and tungate. And also the overall strength of the side put out. 

Im expecting also a broom and a large carpet to be be in attendance  !!!!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

There isn't one. Should be an unattatched rider similar to what we had at Edinburgh in the KO Cup when Garrity's van broke down, apparently. Danny Phillips, also, broke down this week en route to the IOW where the reserves covered his rides. 

At IOW the reserves were only allowed to cover one of his four rides and we had three riders only in three races. If Belle Vue had wanted they could have used a Tac Sub in one of the races but the Tac Sub was used elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

As we’ve had nothing to do with the Club since January (not even seen a race), the events of this season are nothing to do with us. The Club was handed over with a fine 1-7, good season ticket sales and a complete fixture list - and with every opportunity to succeed this season.

I think you know what I mean

1 hour ago, semion said:

Handed over Neil ? Surely you mean sold.

Ged sold the Club to Mr Chapman. Ged and I ran the Club on Mr Chapman’s behalf until mid January, than handed it into Mr Pratt and Mr Johnson’s custody.

Edited by NeilWatson

Understood Neil just the terminology.

Its a shame The season went Pete Tong with injuries to Hans and BWD.  Most clubs would struggle losing riders like that.

8 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Ged sold the Club to Mr Chapman. Ged and I ran the Club on Mr Chapman’s behalf until mid January, than handed it into Mr Pratt and Mr Johnson’s custody.

What we would like to know is the circumstances under which it was handed over. Sworn to secrecy would be sufficient

49 minutes ago, semion said:

How big is that embarrassment to Speedway and Buster Chapman ?

Disgusting

I wouldn't think Buster is to pleased. Had Barker, Tungate and Garrity yesterday. Questions need to be answered, that's for sure.

This matter is so serious that SCB and ACU  should be involved

1 hour ago, NeilWatson said:

Panthers have ridden nine home meetings, as have all PL Clubs (Wolves and Belle Vue slightly more). Are the other Clubs’s riders unable to invest too?

You know very well what I mean Neil the big gap in home fixtures is causing Peterborough riders issues and as is usual false promises being made to them.

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Funnily enough he's supposed to be at Edinburgh tomorrow, wonder what the odds on him not making it are?

He's already in Redcar ;)

Decent crowd here as Panthers take the lead after 3 heats!!! 

3 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Decent crowd here as Panthers take the lead after 3 heats!!! 

Ermmm. This could be closer than what most thought ;)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I think the meeting should be postponed. Its hardly fair on the other teams going for top 4 spot!!

Just the luck of the draw. Ipswich would have won anyway.