British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Peterborough 22/08/2019

3 hours ago, g13webb said:

When everybody were clambering for fix race nights, thinking it would assist the schedule of the top riders,    I bet nobody gave a thought to the guest problem it would create when most of the remaining teams were riding on the same night...

Surely this is not the way to entice the fans back.....       Utter shambles......   

similar situation to last year when promotions decided to change race nights to suit riders (GP's) etc who were not at the AGM which then caused a problem for guest availability later in the season which was not picked up as a possible problem when riders became injured(part of the course)

18 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yes, you do need to keep up with some of the twaddle on here.

Wright had Lazer treatment on his troublesome shoulder injury and needs some rest apparently.

Thanks, had missed that.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

Well I'm blaming Buster for my burnt fish fingers to tea, I would have appreciated an early pull out

You and a lot of women after a Sat night on the town..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Baldyman said:

Well I'm blaming Buster for my burnt fish fingers to tea, I would have appreciated an early pull out

Do you normally go for an early pull out Baldy? :o

• Like 1

Harris on a GTR tonight which worked well, on a track that all the riders liked. Hopefully it will be similar next week. 

Tough on Nuts that his max was denied by a snapped chain in heat 15 whilst leading. 

Possible heat of the year in heat 9 between Allen, Heeps, Summers and Nicholls

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Do you normally go for an early pull out Baldy? :o

Depends if the other half comes home early 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Harris on a GTR tonight which worked well, on a track that all the riders liked. Hopefully it will be similar next week. 

Tough on Nuts that his max was denied by a snapped chain in heat 15 whilst leading. 

Possible heat of the year in heat 9 between Allen, Heeps, Summers and Nicholls

Lets hope heat 9 gets uploaded rather than the strung out ftg they often go for.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I was enjoying the sun today - shame it had to set. Some would even blame Buster for that!! :lol:

Haha, you lot weren't bothered when you blamed Matt Ford for everything. So now you know what it's like. ENJOY!!B)

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was Barker Tungate and Garrity. Don't know why/ if Barker pulled out. Then it was a Tungate no show, and last few hours Garrity can't get there. Not sure it's Busters fault why those 3 pulled out late.

Keep blue sky Buster thinking. He's saving £€$ putting out uncompetitive teams.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Keep blue sky Buster thinking. He's saving £€$ putting out uncompetitive teams.

I'm not lol. How can Buster be responsible for 3 late pull outs?? knowing Buster, he will want answers. Remember Holder and Batch ??..

Did Buster tell Barker he has changed his mind?, or did Barker pull out.?. How did Buster idiot up whatever Tungate did?. How did Buster sabotage Garrity's van ?

Who else could of Buster get at short notice when 6 teams out of seven where riding ???

Well?

Edited by Bald Bloke

Why would Barker be booked in the first place if he was then replaced by a ‘cheaper’ guest :D

Tungate misplaced his passport according to Phil. Andersen, Proctor and Wright injured. Guests hard to come by for everybody. Garrity has form for vans breaking down so lord knows. 

Plus why save money by putting out a crap team with one of your teams and then potentially lose gate money as a result at one of your other tracks. 

Other than that I reckon you’re on to something :t:

Edited by Bagpuss

Thought the track was superb last night, hopefully moving forward the weather plays ball and they’ll be able to prepare the track exactly how they wish in the upcoming meetings, clearly enjoyed by the whole team last night!

There’s been an torrential rain on the day of or day before most home meetings in recent weeks which can’t of helped track preparation - it’s been different every week and often tricky and greasy on top.

i thought the lineup was certainly the best lineup for home meetings yesterday and what Hawkins should’ve gone with straight away when KP dropped to reserve, funny how he needed a few more meetings to realise Heeps and Danny would always want the same piece of track and we could do with pairing a better gater like Lawson with bomber in heat 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha, you lot weren't bothered when you blamed Matt Ford for everything. So now you know what it's like. ENJOY!!B)

I still blame Matt Ford for everything! :P;)

• Haha 1