British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Peterborough 22/08/2019

So the track was how the riders liked it, the riders all seemed to do good.  Is that really the case or was it just looking at the panthers team, that they were way way way understrength, and Ipswich should have done better than they did and some of you have got a bit to excited about beating a bunch of nobody's? 

I guess we will find out more on Monday and next home meeting

Edited by Baldyman

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Plus why save money by putting out a crap team with one of your teams and then potentially lose gate money as a result at one of your other tracks. 

I am failing to see an posts on the Ipswich website about the under strength Panthers team.  Hilariously the Panthers website was updated at 19:20 last night with that disgraceful line-up.  By that time most Punters have already paid to get in.

Speedway shoots itself in the leg again (the foot went a long time ago) - the Panthers line-up for this meeting fell far short of the standard/quality expected.

On the plus side, Panthers' five man team put up a decent show and there were some decent races - Heat 9 in particular.

My biggest gripe with Ipswich is the standard of track illumination which is capable of significant improvement in most areas.

15 minutes ago, TonyE said:

Speedway shoots itself in the leg again (the foot went a long time ago) - the Panthers line-up for this meeting fell far short of the standard/quality expected.

On the plus side, Panthers' five man team put up a decent show and there were some decent races - Heat 9 in particular.

My biggest gripe with Ipswich is the standard of track illumination which is capable of significant improvement in most areas.

We've said this for years but when your landlord has them set up for the Stock cars there aint a lot you can do. 

I'm surprised in this day and age they haven't been changed to LEDs

Yes it's an outlay, but the running costs would soon re coup that. 

1 minute ago, Pob said:

We've said this for years but when your landlord has them set up for the Stock cars there aint a lot you can do. 

The one good thing about them is that the illumination is consistent which is better than many places where its like a zebra crossing effect

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It was Barker Tungate and Garrity. Don't know why/ if Barker pulled out. Then it was a Tungate no show, and last few hours Garrity can't get there. Not sure it's Busters fault why those 3 pulled out late.

When one person has a vested interest in 3 teams in the same league, inevitably questions will be asked when a situation like this occurs. Ipswich simply had to win this meeting to stand any chance of making the playoffs. Incredible luck  for Ipswich last night, almost unbelievable, this has Busters stench all over it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The one good thing about them is that the illumination is consistent which is better than many places where its like a zebra crossing effect

I don't agree - the third and fourth bends always seem much darker and, on the back straight approaching bend three, there is a bit of track quite well lit.

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

So the track was how the riders liked it, the riders all seemed to do good.  Is that really the case or was it just looking at the panthers team, that they were way way way understrength, and Ipswich should have done better than they did and some of you have got a bit to excited about beating a bunch of nobody's? 

I guess we will find out more on Monday and next home meeting

i'm not overly excited about the result and appreciate the panthers team was weakened however when you break down how the meeting unfolded i think it still would've been a comfy win for the witches,

- ostergaard scored 9 can't see proctor would've scored any more than that - unlikely he'd have won 3 races, credit where credits due to ostergaard last night his three race win times were 56.7,56.9 & 57.2 so he was unexpectedly quick early on in the meeting. 

- becker scored 8 paid 10 probably a similar score to that expected of wright, becker rides really nicely at foxhall, was very good in most races

- r/r provided 6 for hans possibly a little lean

- garrity would've scored more than morleys 0,

- tungate obviously would've scored 8/9 probably

but if there had been a full team scott wouldn't have had 7 rides, becker and summers wouldn't have had 6 each and ostergaard 5, so several of the points scored from their extra rides would've been distributed elsewhere to tungate and garrity - still think with the way the witches rode on a well prepared track last night they'd have scored 50 against a full panthers side. 

they will have to sharpen up from the gate in the meetings to come, but it was a much improved performance by all last night

Heeps really needs to improve on his starting, i think perhaps he's just putting too much pressure on himself at the tapes now he's in the main body of the team, his gating has been the best its been for much of this season, but now up at no.3 he's sitting there feeling like its his job to make the best start rather than it being a bonus if he does as a reserve in the races and he's  not as relaxed at the tapes.

Well by the sounds of it the Peterborough lads give it all they could. I thought this meeting would be the most one-sided meeting. Of course it was not. Much to my shame.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chris116 said:

At IOW the reserves were only allowed to cover one of his four rides and we had three riders only in three races. If Belle Vue had wanted they could have used a Tac Sub in one of the races but the Tac Sub was used elsewhere. 

That’s not the case as Danny would still have to take three ‘rides’. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

That’s not the case as Danny would still have to take three ‘rides’. 

Absolutely correct. I have just checked the rules on the SCB website and I had got myself confused as one of the match officials said he could be replaced by a reserve OR a tactical substitute and I had replaced the OR with an AND. Thank you for correcting my wrong information. 

See Charles Wright rode tonight and got a fifteen point max for Redcar.