British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Favourite Rider of All Time

Some good names listed.

Peter Collins..

Shudder to think how loud the decibels on the TV would be if Nigel and Kelvin had commented on him racing...:D

• Like 4

interesting that among the stellar names quoted there are some more modest talents - especially from those of us who only ever watched D2 racing. I myself have always admired triers, regardless of success

• Like 3

Only saw PC and Morton race live a couple of times and Mauger only once, so I’ll say Tony Rickardsson.

My all time favourite rider has to be the late Vic Harding.

Loved watching him pull a wheelie coming off the last bend and over the finish line when he won a race at Weymouth.

10 hours ago, geoff100 said:

"Glamour boy" lou sansom 

Nahhhhhh........the first star ever at Derwent Park was 'Mr Excitement'.....to gate or not to gate he wouldn't be beaten...... brilliant... Bob Valentine..

Always, understandably, the Comet crowd favourite....

Maybe a pity he was so good though as he stepped up to Sheffield Tigers after one great 1970 blast season at DP.

Lou did come good.....but would only take the inside pass on....usually a cutback on bend one.