British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Favourite Rider of All Time

There’s only one real favourite rider of all time for me , the avatar is a clue. Zdenek Kudrna. 

Honourable mentions though to my first ever fave and that’s Chris Bass of Cradley Heath. Don’t know why, but I was only 10 after all.

Soft spots for Brummie legends Big Arthur, the galloping Major and the mighty Phil Herne. Great days. Oh and Ivan Mauger, the GOAT. 

• Like 1

I started going again in about 87, faves were Jimmy Nilson & Andrew Silver then of course Leigh Adams, from the div2 days Paul Fry, only went briefly in the mid 70's but faves were Martin Ashby and Bob Kilby.

• Like 1

Started going in 1968 for about 5 seasons, faves Hitchy, Briggo, Broady etc.,then near 40 year break, faves since Adams, Steady, Rico, Gjedde, Doyley, Zagar, Muesli, Bellego etc.,

Edited by auntie doris

On 10/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, czechhero said:

There’s only one real favourite rider of all time for me , the avatar is a clue. Zdenek Kudrna. 

Honourable mentions though to my first ever fave and that’s Chris Bass of Cradley Heath. Don’t know why, but I was only 10 after all.

Soft spots for Brummie legends Big Arthur, the galloping Major and the mighty Phil Herne. Great days. Oh and Ivan Mauger, the GOAT. 

At 10, you were probably taller than Chris Bass

• Haha 1

My first year was 1972 so the riders who rode for "The Rebels" that year hold special memories for me...Garry Middleton, Oyvind S.Berg, Colin Gooddy, Rick Timmo, Svein Kaasa, Preben Rosenkilde, Norman Strachan, Ken McKinlay, Malcolm Ballard, Gordon Kennett and Julian Wigg. Alas five of those are no longer with us but great days!

7 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

My first year was 1972 so the riders who rode for "The Rebels" that year hold special memories for me...Garry Middleton, Oyvind S.Berg, Colin Gooddy, Rick Timmo, Svein Kaasa, Preben Rosenkilde, Norman Strachan, Ken McKinlay, Malcolm Ballard, Gordon Kennett and Julian Wigg. Alas five of those are no longer with us but great days!

Remember the old Cheetahs team, late 60s, Genz, Geran, Goody, Pander, Timmo....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Remember the old Cheetahs team, late 60s, Genz, Geran, Goody, Pander, Timmo....

Rick Timmo was a one club rider and the sort of middle order rider that speedway thrived upon although not receiving the plaudits that their efforts deserved in my opinion.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Rick Timmo was a one club rider and the sort of middle order riders that speedway thrived upon although not receiving the plaudits that their efforts deserved in my opinion.

Same as riders like Keener, Hitchy, Munday, Bouchard, at Swindon, great club servants, solid, never superstars, and the fans loved em.

• Like 1