British Speedway Forum
wealdstone

Favourite Rider of All Time

7 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Nahhhhhh........the first star ever at Derwent Park was 'Mr Excitement'.....to gate or not to gate he wouldn't be beaten...... brilliant... Bob Valentine..

Always, understandably, the Comet crowd favourite....

Maybe a pity he was so good though as he stepped up to Sheffield Tigers after one great 1970 blast season at DP.

Lou did come good.....but would only take the inside pass on....usually a cutback on bend one.

Remember the night lou passed "john louis" on the 3rd bend to beat the witches can still see it now, just a bit young to remember bob valentine if only video was around then 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

Remember the night lou passed "john louis" on the 3rd bend to beat the witches can still see it now, just a bit young to remember bob valentine if only video was around then 

Yeah think you mean when Comets beat two teams from the 1st Div that 1976 season...Kings Lynn and Ipswich....many thought John Louis had let our Lou pass him tho.....no way did he do that...

...sad you didn't see the fearless Bob V.....mind he copped a few injuries with his brave style.

3 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Ken Fearon

3 lap Kenny . hope ie is still around 

Ronnie Moore, Tommy Jansson. Hard to separate them really

And Nicki Pedersen  in the modern era

Edited by iris123

12 hours ago, Midland Red said:

No question about it - Nigel Boocock

Not Olsen????????????? :blush:

• Haha 1

I always find this an unanswerable question when you are friends with different riders; whoever you say, you feel guilty about not saying somebody else...

So, to pick someone who isn't a friend, it's tough to choose between Mirac and Tommy.  I never personally knew Ronnie, but my mum did.

Steve

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Not Olsen????????????? :blush:

Certainly not!

• Thanks 1

Ivan Mauger not even Olsen or Collins  got my attention compared to Ivan , of the modern era id have to say Crump or Nikki. Of the current crop there's really no one cause no one rides over here

Soren Sjosten.

• Like 1