British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 26/08/19

Craig Cook just been an idiot again, track staff were repairing damaged fence by starting gate plenty of people on track, Cook rode round to the starting gate even though referee put red lights on. Clerk of course walked up to him and told him he had to leave and he didn’t, so clerk of the course pulled his cut out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It’s not dry, they been constantly watering and spiking, Kings Lynn should be right at home on this grippy track.

Completely different type of muck unfortunately. 

Bit of pride restored in heat 13 which illustrates how hard it is to pass but it’s been a pretty awful performance. 

Not to worry KL, it definitely won't be grippy at Poole when you come in a few weeks :D

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not to worry KL, it definitely won't be grippy at Poole when you come in a few weeks :D

Depends on the tide :P

44 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

The clue was in the word 'MOST' brum, maybe you missed that. 

It’s funny that because reading social media of fans up and down the country describing racing at many tracks as being a ‘good meeting’ you would think racing at MOST tracks have decent racing.

Obviously it’s subjective what 2 people consider a good meeting even of the same meeting. I’ve read some tripe over the years as some Aces fans slating a meeting at Monmore when there was passes galore.

Id even go as far to say that MOST fans consider racing at their local track decent. Obviously that’s very debatable if that counts as true for all of course.

Hopefully that clarifies my position further.

So that is Kings Lynn and Peterborough out  of the playoffs

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Just Ipswich to go 

I was there are the we in 2016 when Iversen go the track record. That Friday evening the racing was really boring, but put right by the Saturday night Final. 

Could the track have been prepared to give BV a home advantage?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

In theory we could get in by winning at Poole and Wolves but highly unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I was there are the we in 2016 when Iversen go the track record. That Friday evening the racing was really boring, but put right by the Saturday night Final. 

Could the track have been prepared to give BV a home advantage?

Word on the street today was that they were caught out by this morning being cloudy and not sunny. It happens. I’ve been to Belle Vue over a dozen times now and that’s only the second rubbish meeting I’ve seen, the rest have been excellent. 

Poor result for the Stars, but just what I expected. Glad I didn't back down from wife's crazing that we go to the NSS today. 

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In theory we could get in by winning at Poole and Wolves but highly unlikely. 

Word on the street today was that they were caught out by this morning being cloudy and not sunny. It happens. I’ve been to Belle Vue over a dozen times now and that’s only the second rubbish meeting I’ve seen, the rest have been excellent. 

I suspect that the track staff were far from being 'caught out'.  

True it was 'rubbish' meeting as far as the racing went.................but it suited the home team and after all that is what the management required.

Gaters' paradise? Yep, but that applies to both teams. Three heat winners from King's Lynn all meeting says it all.

I wouldn't be happy to see a meeting like this every week, but the situation demanded an Aces big win and that was what we got.

Did they let Buster prepare the track.That was one of the poorest meeting I have seen at the NSS and i have seen all of them.

Why did Dimitri Berge pull out at last minute ?

3 minutes ago, whippy said:

Why did Dimitri Berge pull out at last minute ?

Injured apparently, looks like he was replaced in in last ride in Poland yesterday despite scoring 9.

I do not understand what some of the BV fans are whinging about. BV needed to stop KL getting anything out of this meeting, which we did. As far as I am concerned Job Done.

Lastword is the only one to get it right.

Apart from all the delays I quite enjoyed us stuffing someone up for a change.

• Like 2