British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 26/08/19

Delighted to see Dan break the track record today. Times are usually nowhere near so I wondered if I would ever see NKI's time bettered but Dan showed us all today that he's still on course to be a major force. Well done, the boy! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob B said:

Craig Cook just been an idiot again, track staff were repairing damaged fence by starting gate plenty of people on track, Cook rode round to the starting gate even though referee put red lights on. Clerk of course walked up to him and told him he had to leave and he didn’t, so clerk of the course pulled his cut out.

Two riders came round to the start line ,  they probably didn’t hear the announcement .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Two riders came round to the start line ,  they probably didn’t hear the announcement .

Yes Lambert rode around aswell but he didn't stop and went straight back to pits, as well as announcment the red lights were flashing and the start marshall was holding red flag which Cook went past and started gardening, thats when clerk of course went up to him.

2 hours ago, keepturningleft said:

Today again raises the issue of meetings taking place in the afternoon.

Regular fans understand and will tolerate the watering delays but first timers may take a different view.

At a rough guess, the attendance was about 2,500. That's about double Belle Vue's usual attendance.

The way I see it, they'd be crazy to change from the 12pm starts on bank holidays.

13 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

At a rough guess, the attendance was about 2,500. That's about double Belle Vue's usual attendance.

The way I see it, they'd be crazy to change from the 12pm starts on bank holidays.

Agreed, I've been to other bank holiday meetings at BV and hopefully this was a one off racing wise. Also a lot easier travelling home as the motorways were open and they're usually closed after 10pm these days

19 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

There has been stock cars on at the greyhound track for many years  starting approx 1600 hrs.

There is no way the council will let Speedway and stock cars on at the same time..... Where would both crowds park ?????

Thai is why it is a 1200 hrs start

• Like 1

As a fan no longer with a team to support, I decided to take the long journey for my first visit to the NSS. I seem to have picked the worst meeting they've had! It wasn't good, certainly, but I half-expected it because of the time of day and the weather - added to which King's Lynn were disappointingly uncompetitive. However I was mightily impressed with the stadium and, in fact, extremely jealous. On the whole, I enjoyed my visit.

Incidentally, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Craig Cook's behaviour. I was getting pretty impatient myself!

One more thing - can a BV fan tell me whether Lidsey is one who only wins when he gates, or does he come from the back? Today, his one poor gate was his one last place.

On the Odsal thread, someone posted it would possibly be a good idea for Stox & Speedway personnel look into the use of Odsal as Stox was finishing this year at the greyhound track.

1 hour ago, CatAndy said:

Delighted to see Dan break the track record today. Times are usually nowhere near so I wondered if I would ever see NKI's time bettered but Dan showed us all today that he's still on course to be a major force. Well done, the boy!

Well done indeed.  Surprising there were no other fast ones though. Are race times still a person with a stopwatch? 

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Well done indeed.  Surprising there were no other fast ones though. Are race times still a person with a stopwatch? 

They were all quick times 

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

They were all quick times 

Maybe they were then but on updates no-one got within even half a second. How do they record race times these days? 

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Maybe they were then but on updates no-one got within even half a second. How do they record race times these days? 

Still a stopwatch. I knew dan could have done it. I tweeted before they announced saying that was quick. I was not surprised it was a TR. Sometimes you just know. And dan knew to as he diddnt shut off before the line. He carried on into bend 2. So he knew he was quick 

Should give him some confidence. 

Is what it is re the track. I am not moaning about anything today. Why should i ?. That is the one that gets us going again. Brilliant by all our lads.