British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 26/08/19

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I said before the season started that the Stars won't get anything away from the AFA this season. I wasn't far out so far, I have no pleasure in saying:(

This is not including today. And are not rolling averages, just this seasons averages so far... Lynn have been very poor on the road. Not blaming any one rider, there a several who go pretty well at home, but  you need some points on the road. Our engine room have been poor away all season.

Still hoping to get some points in the remaining away matches.. :t:

TJ    Home 7.71 …….  Away 4.14

Lewis    Home 7.09 ….. Away 4.24

Tofty    Home …. 7.44 …. Away 5.24

Erik    Home … 8.00 ….. Away 5.54

Let's face it, Kings Lynn's team building this season was poor to say the least from day one!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Stag said:

Let's face it, Kings Lynn's team building this season was poor to say the least from day one!! 

Yeah. I said it before a wheel had turned. Buster spreading himself and maybe his cash to thin.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

What time are you guys setting off Trees? Must be an early start especially for you :D

Bloody 5.15 I left mine lol. Got home at around 8 ..... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Stag said:

They always needed one or two to up their game home and away but it hasn't happened away for sure, Christ knows why, they have talent.

7 hours ago, craigACE said:

Is what it is re the track. I am not moaning about anything today. Why should i ?. That is the one that gets us going again. Brilliant by all our lads.

I dunno if the racing would've been better had the track been drier, it's hard to say if our boys would've been more competative. The racing was diabolical though on a track that should produce great racing ....

8 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Well done indeed.  Surprising there were no other fast ones though. Are race times still a person with a stopwatch? 

Of course, to 2 decimal places is a joke, they do it at Lynn to .....

13 hours ago, acef said:

Do wonder if it was deliberately done that track prep. Never seen it like that.

Suited us great, and tbh, I'd have thought KL would have got dialled in after few races, they race a track like that every other week.

Aces just wanted it more and were gating like demons, especially Jaimon who was rapid out the tapes.

They know we're not gaters I guess ... It worked ....

4 hours ago, Trees said:

They know we're not gaters I guess ... It worked ....

It's not like there was great racing on Thursday either, your riders had no problem gating that night.

At the risk of repeating myself it’s completely different material, we are good at home as it is unique stuff. Personally I think the score would have been even wider yesterday if the track was as normal, we were crap and surely would have been picked off had there been passing. 

However having a big crowd in and preparing a track on purpose to be gate and go (if that’s what happened) is a pretty short sighted thing to do. You would hope any first timers will come back despite it being a pretty dull meeting. 

You would like to think the track curator was caught out by the weather. 

20 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

At the risk of repeating myself it’s completely different material, we are good at home as it is unique stuff. Personally I think the score would have been even wider yesterday if the track was as normal, we were crap and surely would have been picked off had there been passing. 

However having a big crowd in and preparing a track on purpose to be gate and go (if that’s what happened) is a pretty short sighted thing to do. You would hope any first timers will come back despite it being a pretty dull meeting. 

You would like to think the track curator was caught out by the weather. 

I can’t see preparing the track completely different to normal and the grippiest it’s been for 3 years was done on purpose. 

One thing I did notice though that was strange, after the first watering break after heat 4, Andy Meredith did 2-3 laps of watering and then went off track. There was then bit of delay and then he came out again and was shaking his head and gesturing like he didn’t think it needed more water but he has been told to.

18 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Stars may be bad but they were the highest scoring away team today!

By one point!! 

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

By one point!! 

But one point can be the difference between Champions and first loser!

16 hours ago, Rob B said:

It's not like there was great racing on Thursday either, your riders had no problem gating that night.

BV isn't grippy like Lynn, starts are different I guess.  Why didn't Belle Vue perform at Lynn?