British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Belle Vue v King's Lynn 26/08/19

Big meeting Monday, it's win or bust for BV.  Not so much for kings Lynn but they have to win away to get top 4 so do need to pick up sooner or later.  If Lambert comes back fully fit I fancy the stars to take 4th spot.

Was hoping Robert's return would be more explosive than his results show.    A very disappointing points tally.   I have this feeling  that his return was governed by the  specific qualification meeting rather than his actual health.   Although the Stars are desperate for him to return,   probably be best for him to have an extended break  and come back fighting fit and rearing to go.

I don't expect he's fit enough for the rigours of a  full return time,  best  let him write this year off as a learning curve.....          

Edited by g13webb

There is no way he can be fully fit after fracturing vertebrae only a few weeks ago. However he rode on last night after elimination so presumably is intending to resume his season. His health is obviously the most important thing but a half fit Robert is probably better for Lynn than guests. 

I expect the 'suffered a reaction' line to come out. Fact is, if you're not fit to race, you're not fit. The meeting involved is irrelevant. If he is fit then ride. Thing is, the safety of others has to come into it. 

• Like 1

Only Robert knows how fit, or otherwise he is.  However looking at his scores last night he ended the meeting with a win.  Many people seem to think riders, after a long lay off can throw their leg back over a bike and just pick up where they left off.  It’s takes a few races/meetings to get back to where you were.   Only have to look at Wuffy.  Long lay off and just finding his way back.

Lets give Robert the time and space he needs to ride himself back to full match fitness.  To be honest, if he rides Monday then I’m not expecting to much from him.

• Like 2

Also Lambert rode in Polish league meeting on Friday

STARS IN HUGE MONDAY CLASH

Sunday August 25, 2019
bellevue_stars.jpg
INSPIRATIONAL skipper Robert Lambert is back for King’s Lynn as they head to Manchester for a massive Bank Holiday Monday showdown (midday).

Lambert is back in action after a month out with injury and will lead the side against Belle Vue with both sides needing the win to bolster their play-off hopes.

It’s now the biggest meeting of the season after Poultec Stars completed their run of three home meetings in a week with all nine points.

Flying Fin Tero Aarnio once again comes in as a guest for Nicklas Porsing at reserve.

Belle Vue, meanwhile, welcome back skipper Max Fricke after he successfully made his comeback from injury by booking his place in 2020 Grand Prix series after finishing third in the Grand Prix Challenge on Saturday.

Jye Etheridge makes his first full appearance of the season for the Aces after signing in place of the injured Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen.

Poultec Stars boss Peter Schroeck said: “It is probably one of the biggest meetings we’re going to have this year because it could be the game changer. The good thing is that we’re going there this time around with a very solid team being very positive and they’re all getting stuck in so it should be good.

“We just have to keep going and concentrate on our own job then if we get ourselves up into the top four then we start all over again in the play-offs because this team has still got a lot to give.

“We are looking to use Tero Aarnio again if we can because he rides Belle Vue very, very well and I would like to give him a crack up there as I think he could be a game changer. We have just got to be very selfish at the moment and do what is best for the whole team.

“Robert looks in good shape; he had a practice in Germany and then he has also done two meetings so we have pencilled him in for Monday and I think it is a really good track for him to come back on too.”

BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley, Dimitri Berge, Kenneth Bjerre, Jaimon Lidsey, Jye Etheridge.

KING’S LYNN: Robert Lambert, Michael Palm Toft, Erik Riss, Thomas Jorgensen, Craig Cook, Lewis Kerr, Tero Aarnio.

Could certainly be very close. Lambert, if fit, Cook, Palm-Toft and Riss can all score well, Kerr is in good form and Aarnio has had some good races at the NSS. Cook will probably feel he has a point to prove and will be able to pass on his knowledge of the best set ups. 

At least KL won't have the advantage of having MPT at reserve but we are going to have to be at our best and will need good performances from Worrall and Bewley. I an ready looking forward to it and think we will have enough to get the 3 points. 

Certainly going to be an excellent meeting. Not one to be missed. 

It's going to be a lovely day tomo and if you love your speedway theres going to be no better way to spend your bank holiday 

• Like 1

Good luck to the Stars tomorrow . Hoping they can just scrape a win , but I think Belle Vue will be to good for the Stars on there home track.

Going to be baking hot tomorrow, track will have plenty watering every few heats which could catch a few riders out if they don't gate

Must win for the Stars, if so they will be a threat for top 4.

Can only see a home win however 50-40