British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gee jay

EASTBOURNE V REDCAR

Down in Kent visiting relatives and popped over, so glad i did as this was possibly best meeting i've seen all year and for any neutral the semi final KOC between these 2 is a must i'd say.

Best I've seen track there in a long time, no dust, even watering nice dirt line and  enough passing for 3 meetings anywhere.

Great atmosphere, all very friendly and Redcar most impressive the way they attacked the track and Eastbourne heat leaders and Newman outstanding.Anothrt big crowd too at Eastbourne 4th time i've been this season and looked over 1000 there again.

I can't work out who'd take a mental advantage as Bears made a few errors mainly in midst of outstanding fast paced racing and Eagles fielding an NL reserve (Marson) for Bowtell may have a lot more up their sleeves as Edwards could easily have doubled his score but for machine issues.

A shame this is not going to be KOC Final as surely either side will muller Newcastle in Final.

Charles Wright a canny little dig at Craig Cook on the Parade, seemed to enjoy himself and a proper British Champion.

• Like 1

By all accounts a very good meeting with two competitive teams giving everything. The Bears won't be too disappointed with the result. If they can , and I reckon they will, having ridden Eastbourne now, will use that knowledge when they visit again in the KOC.

But even a repeat score, a deficit of 10 points, should not be too much of a hurdle in the return at the MPA.

My only worry is Bears are a 6 man team till the end of the season. 

UTB !!

5 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

By all accounts a very good meeting with two competitive teams giving everything. The Bears won't be too disappointed with the result. If they can , and I reckon they will, having ridden Eastbourne now, will use that knowledge when they visit again in the KOC.

But even a repeat score, a deficit of 10 points, should not be too much of a hurdle in the return at the MPA.

UTB !!

Most Teams are carrying a “ passenger “ these days.

• Like 1

It's the equivalent of "transfer deadline day" this week sometime i believe.

Have a suspicion quite a few tams in play off and contention for Cup's and Shield will be making some major changes.

Will their be an exodus from Sheffield to Leicester and vice versa?; will Somerset and Glasgow tweak; or Redcar / Eastbourne / Newcastle for KOCup?  

still buzzing this morning , loved every minute of the trip yesterday . despite being bank holiday and kings cross shut down traffic was amazingly good . full marks to the track staff for producing a track like that in that heat but also top marks to both sets of riders for putting on such a show , and i was wondering if it was going to be a bit of a damp sqibb after the glasgow meeting as , despite the rights or wrongs of what went on ,the atmosphere was electric . this time the riders did their talking on their bikes .special mentions for the 3 most entertaining riders on the night goes to newman , toft and i thought andersen . nice little touch that if you keep your stubbs from redcar and sheffield you'll get discount for the cup and shield meetings , then the cherry on the icing , we got back at 1.15 instead of the usual 2.30 , happy days.

4 hours ago, HGould said:

Down in Kent visiting relatives and popped over, so glad i did as this was possibly best meeting i've seen all year and for any neutral the semi final KOC between these 2 is a must i'd say.

Best I've seen track there in a long time, no dust, even watering nice dirt line and  enough passing for 3 meetings anywhere.

Great atmosphere, all very friendly and Redcar most impressive the way they attacked the track and Eastbourne heat leaders and Newman outstanding.Anothrt big crowd too at Eastbourne 4th time i've been this season and looked over 1000 there again.

I can't work out who'd take a mental advantage as Bears made a few errors mainly in midst of outstanding fast paced racing and Eagles fielding an NL reserve (Marson) for Bowtell may have a lot more up their sleeves as Edwards could easily have doubled his score but for machine issues.

A shame this is not going to be KOC Final as surely either side will muller Newcastle in Final.

Charles Wright a canny little dig at Craig Cook on the Parade, seemed to enjoy himself and a proper British Champion.

What was the dig at cook - heard it referred to on a couple of sites but not what was actually said ?

I think everyone would like to know the answer to that one Mike

19 minutes ago, waco said:

I think everyone would like to know the answer to that one Mike

wood banned for 28 days , Waco, perfect timing from the tossers in charge as they cant replace him either

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

wood banned for 28 days , Waco, perfect timing from the tossers in charge as they cant replace him either

long said, Wood has been shafting IOW and Eastbourne (especially away) all season.

you can't pick and chose meetings when it suits you in this sport, requires 100% commitment.

IOW can use a Guest, Eagles can use RR so probably both glad to see back of him

blokes got great talent and wasted it. Won't be first or last to do that.

would think no Promotion will touch him next season.

Obviously the wrong Island Warrior Ben Morley was shown the door back in July, at least he showed 100% commitment to all the clubs he has ridden for & never let anyone down whilst riding in the harder No2 position for both Lakeside last season & Eastbourne this. So it’s no surprise how Georgie’s average started to drop as soon as he started riding at No 2 and missed the easy pickings he was getting whilst riding at reserve. By the way Georgie’s average is still below Ben’s even though he had 3 months riding at reserve with Ben at No 2.

The Eastbourne promotion must be regretting there decision at putting Georgie up into the main body of the team at the expense of Ben as they lost the big hitter they had in the reserve berth. The alarm bells should have also been ringing when Georgie started showing up late for meetings, missing track walks with his team mates & not being fully prepared.

He has not only let himself down but a lot of sponsors who backed him. This must sound like deja vu to the Sheffield promotion & fans.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dave1075 said:

Obviously the wrong Island Warrior Ben Morley was shown the door back in July, at least he showed 100% commitment to all the clubs he has ridden for & never let anyone down whilst riding in the harder No2 position for both Lakeside last season & Eastbourne this. So it’s no surprise how Georgie’s average started to drop as soon as he started riding at No 2 and missed the easy pickings he was getting whilst riding at reserve. By the way Georgie’s average is still below Ben’s even though he had 3 months riding at reserve with Ben at No 2.

The Eastbourne promotion must be regretting there decision at putting Georgie up into the main body of the team at the expense of Ben as they lost the big hitter they had in the reserve berth. The alarm bells should have also been ringing when Georgie started showing up late for meetings, missing track walks with his team mates & not being fully prepared.

He has not only let himself down but a lot of sponsors who backed him. This must sound like deja vu to the Sheffield promotion & fans.

can understand them ditching Morley as he was 1/2 lap behind in away matches. Longer term got them Edwards who looks an absolute belter.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:40 AM, parkendlass said:

UTB !!

And Eagles now a 5 man team ,   Looks easy for Bears now.

2 hours ago, Hunters said:

And Eagles now a 5 man team ,   Looks easy for Bears now.

We have quite often been a 4 man team this season,  so who knows!

• Like 1