British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Rosco steps down as GB boss

I think the big mistake Rosco always makes is reading all the online abuse, taking it to heart, and commenting on it. I wouldn't be surprised if he, at least partly, feels he doesn't need that any more and it had a bearing in his decision.

Good candidate to take over? Anyone? Woffinden as rider/manager perhaps?

You wonder if the reasons given are genuine or whether his relationship with Tai deteriorated completely. I think he can leave with his head held high. 

Would like to se some new blood and it has to be somebody who all the riders respect and get on with. 

Just now, Bagpuss said:

You wonder if the reasons given are genuine or whether his relationship with Tai deteriorated completely. I think he can leave with his head held high. 

Would like to se some new blood and it has to be somebody who all the riders respect and get on with. 

I did notice when he was presenting the Grand Prix he said that he would be supporting Jason Doyle, with no mention of Tai.

Now that there is this entire 'GB Speedway Team' set up ... I wonder what is the actual role of the 'Manager' within that set up anyway.

In other sports the Manager would be the guy that headed that entire team of backroom staff every bit as much as the sportsmen on the track. 

But Rob Painter is that true Manager already .

Not for first time British Speedway has done it arse-about.

Surely they are looking for just a 'rider liaison facilitator' or a 'Programme filler in'. Aren't they ? 

Leaving Tai free to tell Rob what needs to be actually done.

Edited by Grand Central
Typo

6 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Now that there is this entire 'GB Speedway Team' set up ... I wonder what is the actual role of the 'Manager' within that set up anyway.

In other sports the Manager would be the guy that headed that entire team of backroom staff every bit as much as the sportsmen on the track. 

But Neil Painter is that true Manager already .

Not for first time British Speedway has done it arse-about.

Surely they are looking for just a 'rider liaison facilitator' or a 'Programme filler in'. Aren't they ? 

Leaving Tai free to tell Neil what needs to be done.

We need someone to coach the riders and get the best out of them, while making sensible tactical decisions.

It's becoming quite common now, especially in European football, to have a technical/business person dealing with all the background stuff and a head coach to deal with the sports side. 

Just now, JCookie said:

We need someone to coach the riders and get the best out of them, while making sensible tactical decisions.

It's becoming quite common now, especially in European football, to have a technical/business person dealing with all the background stuff and a head coach to deal with the sports side. 

We don’t have enough riders at the level required to make a difference .Woffy and Lambert ,the rest are nowhere near .Woffy has ideas how to solve it but that’s very long term IMO.The youngsters nowadays stress out after a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

We don’t have enough riders at the level required to make a difference .Woffy and Lambert ,the rest are nowhere near .Woffy has ideas how to solve it but that’s very long term IMO.The youngsters nowadays stress out after a couple of seasons.

Agree with your post except I'm still not convinced by Lambert.

• Like 1

International 'Team' Speedway had been reduced to a 'three man pair'. Nothing more.

And the reliance on Tai is just overwhelming. In most races it will be him partnered by another.

So ... whatever Tai wants or feels will work best will probably BE the best.

No matter what us outsiders think.

Edited by Grand Central

Jumped before he was pushed, especially when listening to Tai Woffinden recently. Good news IMO

• Like 1