British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bellevueace

Rossiter Stands Down

1 hour ago, MattK said:

How is it a "poisoned chalice"? No one expects GB to actually win anything given we only have one world class rider. All people expect is that the team don't make schoolboy errors, like taking six sports scientists and no reserve rider to the finals.

1 hour ago, Wessex Wanderer said:

How about Phil Morris as next GB manager. Experienced, intelligent and articulate. Not sure if his present GP involvement is far more attractive though. 

:)

1 hour ago, MattK said:

How is it a "poisoned chalice"? No one expects GB to actually win anything given we only have one world class rider. All people expect is that the team don't make schoolboy errors, like taking six sports scientists and no reserve rider to the finals.

Hand on heart Matt is this job attractive? i think not by the way do you think Rossiter has he done a good job or not.?

Edited by Sidney the robin

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hand on heart Matt is this job attractive? i think not by the way do you think Rossiter has he done a good job or not.?

If you're a team manager, then yes I'd say it is attractive, as you can easily do it alongside your day job. It isn't attractive to someone like Phil Morris, as he has a proper job which presumably he couldn't do alongside being FIM Race Director.

As for Rosco, I think he achieved what could have been reasonably expected with the riders at his disposal. Clearly he doesn't see eye-to-eye with Woofy and the TeamGB promoters have made a decision and chosen one over the other. I do have to wonder if all the hangers on really add value and I would love to know if Rosco asked to take a spare rider once he knew how many support staff would be going to Russia.

Just now, MattK said:

If you're a team manager, then yes I'd say it is attractive, as you can easily do it alongside your day job. It isn't attractive to someone like Phil Morris, as he has a proper job which presumably he couldn't do alongside being FIM Race Director.

As for Rosco, I think he achieved what could have been reasonably expected with the riders at his disposal. Clearly he doesn't see eye-to-eye with Woofy and the TeamGB promoters have made a decision and chosen one over the other. I do have to wonder if all the hangers on really add value and I would love to know if Rosco asked to take a spare rider once he knew how many support staff would be going to Russia.

Really is this job attractive ? if you have other considerations this job is chicken feed we shall see.

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really is this job attractive ? if you have other considerations this job is chicken feed we shall see.

Yes of course it is attractive. As I said, there is no expectation on you to win anything, you get a nice foreign jolly and if you're an egotistical maniac you also get bragging rights among your fellow team managers.

1 minute ago, MattK said:

Yes of course it is attractive. As I said, there is no expectation on you to win anything, you get a nice foreign jolly and if you're an egotistical maniac you also get bragging rights among your fellow team managers.

Total rubbish Matt,       England are expected to go close be competitive to win going by this forum response .  Rossiter's cv stacks up against most managers hence why I don't see Addam's taking the job insteresting to see how it pans out.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Total rubbish Matt,       England are expected to go close be competitive to win going by this forum response .  Rossiter's cv stacks up against most managers hence why I don't see Addam's taking the job insteresting to see how it pans out.

Be competitive yes, that's not the same as being expected to win.

6 hours ago, Wessex Wanderer said:

How about Phil Morris as next GB manager. Experienced, intelligent and articulate. Not sure if his present GP involvement is far more attractive though. 

:)

I've long been an admirer of Phil for the reasons you've highlighted. Did he not once hold such a position?

On 8/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, bellevueace said:

Just read in the morning paper Alun Rossiter is to announce he is standing down from Team GB later on today despite signing a new two year deal.

Good, his recent BT Sports studio appearance was cringe. He was just so negative with his comments I thought, he really did not fill me with confidence in his ability to lead with enthusiasm and positivity. 

• Like 2

Could Sam Ermolenko be the man for the job?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Could Sam Ermolenko be the man for the job?

Surely a manager has to be a good communicator. Sam bumbles through almost every sentence. How the he’ll he is on tv is beyond me

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

With Woffinden in the two/three man team, it doesn’t take much to push for the top spot, whoever’s the TM

Without, any TM is on a dead cert loser

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Midland Red said:

With Woffinden in the two/three man team, it doesn’t take much to push for the top spot, whoever’s the TM

Without, any TM is on a dead cert loser

Spot on...

Without Lionel Messi, Pep Guardiola has won as many Champions Leagues as David Moyes has.. ;)

• Like 1

Not a huge Rosco fan myself however like any team  sport you have to have the right players/riders to win ,the last SON showed how poor the standard of British s/way( Tai aside) is compared to other nations harsh but true ! and not his fault .

Edited by FAST GATER

On 9/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bavarian said:

Other than the Speedway of Nations, are there any meetings that the British speedway team takes part at all ?

No, there was lots of talk about test matches but nothing has come of it. Trouble is they need guaranteed crowds ....

• Like 1