British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bellevueace

Rossiter Stands Down

There are certainly no guaranteed crowds for speedway in the UK for whatever events inc Test matches which used to be majestic events where we watched some titanic battles.

Play-offs might still be nearly guaranteed but as no-one counts the supporters paying to get in, we can never even be sure of that.

• Like 1

Test matches with all of the best riders (Woffinden) would draw a goood crowd. Great Britain v Australia at Glasgow last year, that was quite a good event.

Why do they need a national team manager at all, when the national team does not have any meetings, other than a couple of SoN best pairs events. They could use anyone to pose as their team manager on that occasions.

The lack of a genuine international team competitions is such a shame. Mr.Castagna and the FIM are useless, they do not even realise what is missing.

I'd love to see a speedway tournament such as Rugyby's Six Nations. And they should bring back the Speedway World Cup, perhaps only every four years, that would make it something really special.  

But where there is NO will, sadly there is NO way.

Oh well, I'll watch the Rugby World Cup instead then! :)

Edited by Bavarian

On 9/4/2019 at 5:50 AM, FAST GATER said:

Not a huge Rosco fan myself however like any team  sport you have to have the right players/riders to win ,the last SON showed how poor the standard of British s/way( Tai aside) is compared to other nations harsh but true ! and not his fault .

This ^^., though  Rossiter never played with 'a full-deck'.  Joking aside but like 'Middlo' before him who always seemed to be mssing a rider out injured in the 4-man WTC & 7-man test match days.  Rossiter never had the full squad present and on-form, this year's SON; GB no.1 Woffinden + Cook & Lambert both with a years' more experience GB would hopefuly at least have been competing for a top slot again.  But with Woffinden injured though add Harris: very difficult but following the 1st heat Cook / Lambert crash: realistically game over....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar 2x

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

Test matches with all of the best riders (Woffinden) would draw a goood crowd. Great Britain v Australia at Glasgow last year, that was quite a good event.

Why do they need a national team manager at all, when the national team does not have any meetings, other than a couple of SoN best pairs events. They could use anyone to pose as their team manager on that occasions.

The lack of a genuine international team competitions is such a shame. Mr.Castagna and the FIM are useless, they do not even realise what is missing.

I'd love to see a speedway tournament such as Rugyby's Six Nations. And they should bring back the Speedway World Cup, perhaps only every four years, that would make it something really special.  

But where there is NO will, sadly there is NO way.

Oh well, I'll watch the Rugby World Cup instead then! :)

What people fail to see with the SoN this year was Rossiter's absurd decision to bring in Harris. 

Regardless of what happened previously, that decision alone deserved criticism and the sack. 

There were so many better options available. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

There are certainly no guaranteed crowds for speedway in the UK for whatever events inc Test matches which used to be majestic events where we watched some titanic battles.

Play-offs might still be nearly guaranteed but as no-one counts the supporters paying to get in, we can never even be sure of that.

If promoted properly I think there could be quite an appetite for test matches... there was quite a decent crowd at BV earlier in the year for the U21 Team Championship and this despite zero promotion in the UK

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

What people fail to see with the SoN this year was Rossiter's absurd decision to bring in Harris. 

Regardless of what happened previously, that decision alone deserved criticism and the sack. 

Remaining diplomatic, I wouldn't have included Harris....

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think many people did actually see that decision, before, during and after the event

Haven’t read many comments in favour of the choice