British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

Yes, I know its August, and the Ice Season doesn't start for another three months, but the FIM have issued the provisional calendar for the Gladiators series for the next season.

Whilst these are still provisional, Inzell, Heerenveen and Berlin are already advertising the dates on their respective websites.  I understand the Inzell tickets are on sale already, as the 13/3/20 will be the Gunther Bauer farewell meeting. Also 27/2/20 is provisionally set as the German Final in Berlin, and 3/4/20 will be the Roelof Thijs Bokaal meeting at Heerenveen. 

Interesting the three rounds in Eastern Europe are on consecutive weekends, but I suppose in view of the travelling it does make sense. 

No doubt all the dates will all be confirmed in the coming weeks, but if you are planning to take in some Ice this winter it does give you an idea.  

11 January  Qualifying Round 1    Örnsköldvsik    Sweden
11 January  Qualifying Round 2    Kauhajoki    Finland

FIM  Ice Speedway World Championship
01 - 02 February Final 1    Almaty    Kazakhstan
08 - 09 February Final 2    Togliatti    Russia
15 - 16 February Final 3    Shadrinsk    Russia
14 - 15 March  Final 4    Inzell    Germany
04 - 05 April  Final 5    Heerenveen    The Netherlands

FIM  Ice Speedway  of Nations
29 Feb - 01 March Final    Berlin    Germany

Łódź hosting the European Individual Final on 22-23.03 !!!

Thank you Conkers, 3 months can't pass quick enough!!!!

Edit: sorry, any idea when Heerenveen tickets go on sale?

Edited by Schwantz34
Question about tickets added

On 8/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, iris123 said:

Łódź hosting the European Individual Final on 22-23.03 !!!

Pedant alert. :). About 60 km from city of Lodz in town of  Tomaszów Mazowieck. An impressive  indoor arena. Definitely on the radar. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

Pedant alert. :). About 60 km from city of Lodz in town of  Tomaszów Mazowieck. An impressive  indoor arena. Definitely on the radar. 

Ok.Good to know. All I saw was a poster that said Lodz !!! Then again it seems to be the thing to do, especially if you are Ryanair

2 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Ok.Good to know. All I saw was a poster that said Lodz !!! Then again it seems to be the thing to do, especially if you are Ryanair

Equally guilty., I'm assuming there must be something akin to British Counties with it being in the "county" of Lodz. Seems I may need to bite the bullet and use Ryanair. as the obvious route to Wuts. :D

I'm struggling to find any details about the European Final. FIM Europe's Website is hopeless.

My enquiries so far with some Polish friends have drawn a blank, so can someone point me in the direction of any publicity please? 

1 hour ago, Conkers said:

I'm struggling to find any details about the European Final. FIM Europe's Website is hopeless.

My enquiries so far with some Polish friends have drawn a blank, so can someone point me in the direction of any publicity please? 

Here is the website of the Arena and it is listed in the 2nd Calendar

https://arenalodowa.pl/

It looks like a decent venue. Being a bit wet behind the ears when it comes to Ice Speedway, do any of you know why the ISG seems to stick with the same venues and doesn't expand the calendar so they can visit places like this on a more regular basis?

Presumably cost?

19 hours ago, Conkers said:

and I'm struggling to find any details about the European Final. FIM Europe's Website is hopeless.

Will ultimately link with the site Iris123 has pointed to but I got details from Jasper Iwena's Facebook page . Poster and comments (including Bart Schapp and Lukas Hutla) should hopefully be visible using the link below. 

https://www.facebook.com/ArenaLodowa/photos/a.118984902010414/489756224933278/?type=3&theater

Edited by Mr Ore

Tickets for Inzell go on sale on 01.10.2019

Edited by iris123