British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

Just seen the first four riders announced for the Gunther Bauer farewell  "ServuSchliff"  meeting in Inzell on Friday 13th March in Inzell. 

Russians Nikolai Krasnikov and Kyril Drogalin, Sweden's Per-Olof 'Posa' Serenius, and German Michael Lang have been announced  to take part, with more riders are due to be announced in the coming weeks.

The meeting is on Friday 13th March preceeding the Ice Speedway Gladiators weekend, in Inzell. 

Lot of riders been announced

Aakko, Hirvasoja, Ivan Ivanov, Erik Stenlund, Vitali Khomitsevitsch and Bauer himself

On 11/20/2019 at 7:56 PM, iris123 said:

Lot of riders been announced

Aakko, Hirvasoja, Ivan Ivanov, Erik Stenlund, Vitali Khomitsevitsch and Bauer himself

I was going off the press info I received. None of those riders are mentioned, but I'm assuming they are on Speedweek?

Markus Jell, currently training with a number of riders in Kamensk. Had to wait 31 hours for all the paper work before he could get over the Russian border!!!

https://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedway-racing/news/152496/Markus-Jell-Wurde-nicht-von-Anfragen-ueberrannt.html?fbclid=IwAR0i3mPCcfHxwAE6rbNf0B2YowKvCx0hm7uFC4yIzOqOWJCeMV0qRfv8J-U#.XeDPriU23HQ.facebook

I've got huge admiration for the skill these riders have on their bikes, but my god have I got admiration for the patience and resolve of the western Europeans at the Russian border. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iris123 said:

Markus Jell, currently training with a number of riders in Kamensk. Had to wait 31 hours for all the paper work before he could get over the Russian border!!!

https://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedway-racing/news/152496/Markus-Jell-Wurde-nicht-von-Anfragen-ueberrannt.html?fbclid=IwAR0i3mPCcfHxwAE6rbNf0B2YowKvCx0hm7uFC4yIzOqOWJCeMV0qRfv8J-U#.XeDPriU23HQ.facebook

And thats the reason why SGP should not go to Russia. IMO.

• Like 1

If you have the correct papers then there are no problems.... Iwema had no issues at all this year. Only a 6 hour wait.

52 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

If you have the correct papers then there are no problems.... Iwema had no issues at all this year. Only a 6 hour wait.

Kai Lehtinen missed his European ice racing final a few years back because he did not have the correct insurance papers for his ice racing bike... When the U21 final was in Russia, bikes were seized at the border. For the GP challenge riders travelled with engines only and rented local frames for their number one meeting of the season.

It's just not right.

4 hours ago, f-s-p said:

And thats the reason why SGP should not go to Russia. IMO.

At least they would wait in fairly good weather. Waiting at a border for hours on end in freezing weather can’t be much fun

I get fed up waiting 15 minutes for a bus:rofl:

Edited by iris123

13 hours ago, iris123 said:

I get fed up waiting 15 minutes for a bus:rofl:

It's your choice to live in a village...

29 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

It's your choice to live in a village...

This global village comes to a standstill when a bus driver spots the traffic queue too late and has to break sharp sending the passengers flying though the bus. End result a few ambulances on the scene and lots more traffic queues. Such is life in the big city 

A combination of this forum, the German and Russian speedway forums hold allow you to play streams of most events including Russian league meetings. FIM TV usually release a 30min highlights programme of the Ice Speedway Gladiators rounds a week or so after each event