British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

I've had a positive message from Tim Dixon, he has practiced this afternoon, the leg was ok. So he is looking forward  to the race tonight.

German Championship, Berlin, Thursday February 27

Johann Weber         (3, 3, 3, 3, 3) 15    
Markus Jell        (3, 2, 2, 3, 3) 13+3
Stefan Pletschacher    (3, 3, 3, 2, 2) 13+2
Max Niedermaier        (3, 3, 3, d, 3) 12    
Franz Mayerbüchler    (2, 2, 2, 3, 2) 11    
Benedikt Monn        (2, 3, 2, d, 1) 8    
Jiri Wildt (CzR)    (1, 2, 1, 2, 2) 8    
Niek Schaap (NL)    (1, 2, 1, 3, 0) 7    
Maximilian Niedermaier  (2, 1, 3, d, 0) 6    
Philip Lageder (Aut)    (2, 0, 1, 2, 1) 6    
Timo Kankkunen (Fin)    (1, 1, 0, 2, 2)    6    
Reinhard Greisl        (1, 0, 0, 0, 3)    4    
Marc Geyer        (R, 1, 2, 1, 0) 4    
Tim Dixon (GB)        (0, 1, 0, 1, 1)    3    
Jimmy Hörnell (Swe)    (d, d, 1, N, 1) 2    
Kevin Arzl (Aut)    (0, 0, 0, 1, 0)    1

Good start for the weekend for Weber, winning with a maximum, and Jell up there in second. 

Mind you, you wait all day for Max Niedermaier, and then two come along at once! :rofl:

ICE SPEEDWAY OF NATION, BERLIN 29.02.2020/01.03.2020

DAY 1 RESULT:

RUSSIA 28
Daniil Ivanov 12, Dmitri Khomitsevich 8, Igor Kononov 8

SWEDEN 25
Martin Haarahiltunen 12, Niclas Svensson 9, Stefen Svenson 4

GERMANY 22
Johann Weber 14, Max Niedermaier 8, Marcus Jell 0

AUSTRIA 19
Harald Simon 14, Charly Ebner 5, Franky Zorn 0

CZECH REP. 12
Jan Klatovsky 6, Lukas Hutla 6, Andrey Divis 0

KAZAKHSTAN 12
Vladimir Cheblakov 6, Pawel Nekrasov 4, Denis Slepuchin 2

FINLAND 8
Matti Isoaho 4, Mikko Jetsonen 3, Christer Biskop 1 

Some good racing tonight, with a particular hard fought battle between Weber and Khommitsevich for second, which Weber won to split the Russians. Then Martin H beat Igor Kononov to give the Swedes a second and split the Russians again. Its the first time for a few years that the Russians have dropped points but I suspect they won't be dropping many more tomorrow. Germany determined to get on the Rostrum. Dissapointing meeting for Franky Zorn, just not up there this season. Apologies for the late update but I've had my pics to sort out first.

It would not matter if the Russians drop a few more points in the heats. Points scored in the heats don't Count in the A and B finals, and as long as the Russians finish in the top two after 42 heats and two days of racing, they go into the A-final, where the gold medals are decided in that single race to be won by the individual rider who crosses the finishing line in first place, thanks to F.I.M.'s new 8-5-2-0 point scoring.    

I see Berlin have yet again criticised the FIM officials......seems like every year the same story. We had them back out of FIM meetings for a couple of years and then go back. Groundhog Day

10 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I see Berlin have yet again criticised the FIM officials......seems like every year the same story. We had them back out of FIM meetings for a couple of years and then go back. Groundhog Day

Whats their problem this time? I see from pics that Phil Morris was there with Tony Steele and Mika Laukkanen was the ref.

17 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Whats their problem this time? I see from pics that Phil Morris was there with Tony Steele and Mika Laukkanen was the ref.

Don't really make it clear. Just the co-operation between Berlin and the FIM wasn't smooth and they expect professionals and they (FIM) aren't professional

https://www.speedweek.com/eisspeedwayteamwm/news/155831/Eisspeedway-Berlin-Laienhafte-Mitarbeiter-der-FIM.html

If I was to take a guess, going by previous years, then it is unreasonable demands on the promotion....... but hey ho

Edited by iris123

Whats unreasonable and whats not, it’s all up to the people involved.

I hear they are planning a guide book to harmonise the LT finals, make it easier for the riders as its the same allround and also for the organiser as it tells what to do. 

That might be unreasonable as well... I know it was over here in Finland as we tried to do it for league meetings... 

1 minute ago, f-s-p said:

Whats unreasonable and whats not, it’s all up to the people involved.

I hear they are planning a guide book to harmonise the LT finals, make it easier for the riders as its the same allround and also for the organiser as it tells what to do. 

That might be unreasonable as well... I know it was over here in Finland as we tried to do it for league meetings... 

Guess it is. But their position before was 'unreasonable' were demands made to Berlin that weren't expected at other venues......

But as I say, a pure guess on my part

5 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Actually, Craig Ackroyd was the ref.

A few (!) things were a bit iffy, like starting most of Saturday's races with the green flag, as the tapes and 2 minute clock had no power. I'm told it was a power cut. There were a couple of big holes in the track which the organisers didn't deal with properly, resulting in a 40 minute track prep at 4.30 on Sunday! I know the rain is beyond their control. but on Sunday, it made a poor track slightly worse. Even after the track prep the Bronze Medal final was ruined as both Simon and Zorn fell in the first turn.

There was some good racing, and Weber and Haaruhiltonen splitting the Russians were some highlights, as were some of the races for the minor placings. But this new club are slipping into the ways of the previous organisers.

Oh and here's the final scores:

RUSSIA 57+13 (28+29)
Daniil Ivanov 24+8 (12+12), Dmitri Khomitsevich 17+5 (8+9), Igor Kononov 16 (8+8)

SWEDEN 47+2 (25+22)
Martin Haarahiltunen 23+2(12+11), Niclas Svensson 20(9+11), Stefan Svenson 4(4+DNR)

GERMANY 45+13 (22+23)
Johann Weber 24+8 (14+10), Max Niedermaier 16+5 (8+8), Marcus Jell 5 (0+5)

AUSTRIA 39+0 (19+20)
Harald Simon 23+f (14+11), Charly Ebner 8 (5+3), Franky Zorn 8+N(0+8)

KAZAKHSTAN 26 (12+14)
Vladimir Cheblakov 11 (6+5), Pawel Nekrasov 12 (4+8), Denis Slepuchin 3 (2+1)

CZECH REP. 21 (12+9)
Jan Klatovsky 10 (6+4), Lukas Hutla 9 (6+3), Andrey Divis 2 (0+2)

FINLAND 15 (8+7)
Matti Isoaho 5 (4+1), Mikko Jetsonen 8 (3+5), Christer Biskop 2 (1+1)

5 hours ago, Conkers said:

A few (!) things were a bit iffy, like starting most of Saturday's races with the green flag, as the tapes and 2 minute clock had no power. I'm told it was a power cut. There were a couple of big holes in the track which the organisers didn't deal with properly, resulting in a 40 minute track prep at 4.30 on Sunday! I know the rain is beyond their control. but on Sunday, it made a poor track slightly worse. Even after the track prep the Bronze Medal final was ruined as both Simon and Zorn fell in the first turn.

There was some good racing, and Weber and Haaruhiltonen splitting the Russians were some highlights, as were some of the races for the minor placings. But this new club are slipping into the ways of the previous organisers.

RUSSIA 57+13 (28+29)
Daniil Ivanov 24+8 (12+12), Dmitri Khomitsevich 17+5 (8+9), Igor Kononov 16 (8+8)

SWEDEN 47+2 (25+22)
Martin Haarahiltunen 23+2(12+11), Niclas Svensson 20(9+11), Stefan Svenson 4(4+DNR)

GERMANY 45+13 (22+23)

AUSTRIA 39+0 (19+20)

KAZAKHSTAN 26 (12+14)

CZECH REP. 21 (12+9)

FINLAND 15 (8+7)

So the hole might explain to an extent why Zorn did not ride the final. I know Ackroyd is stated in the SR, but Laukkanen was there as well and he has no other role than a ref. So whatever if you ask me... :lol:

Edit. Something for Jesper to fine tune then, N is not the same as falling in a heat.

Edited by f-s-p
Typo

8 hours ago, Conkers said:

RUSSIA 57+13 (28+29)

SWEDEN 47+2 (25+22)

GERMANY 45+13 (22+23)

AUSTRIA 39+0 (19+20)

KAZAKHSTAN 26 (12+14)

CZECH REP. 21 (12+9)

FINLAND 15 (8+7)

Not really sure what you mention has anything to do with the speed week article, which was written after the German Championship on Thursday and practice on Friday.Which is why I guess at things being asked for by the FIM for the next few days I.e Saturday and Sunday 

Edited by iris123

Was reading the German forum there, they seem to be slating the meeting in general and don't miss Zorn for not restarting in the bronze final