British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

Zorn didn't ride in the restart of the Bronze final after Simon crashed on the first turn. Simon was very angry because he thought he crashed because of the bad ice. 

Ackroyd was the referee.

And for as far as I know Zorn didn't crash and boycotted the restart of the Bronze final.

5 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Zorn didn't ride in the restart of the Bronze final after Simon crashed on the first turn. Simon was very angry because he thought he crashed because of the bad ice. 

Ackroyd was the referee.

Craig Ackroyd, Tony Steele (Jury President) and I were all on the same flight back to Manchester. I asked Craig about the Simon incident. Apparently Craig turned off the exclusion light as Harald walked towards the start. From Craig's account He was asking if he was back in as Craig had turned the light off, in a jokey sort of way. He acknowledged that Simon wasn't happy with the track, but he wasn't alone aparently.

Tony would not be drawn on the 'behind the scenes' at Berlin, but I suspect he was less than impressed from the little he said.

I hadn't seen the speedweek article but I shall seek it out.

Was watching some older ice speedway on YouTube and was well impressed with a rider Sergey Karachintsev who seemed one of the only ones able to take it to Koltakov  ( at that time). Not sure how old he was, has he retired or is he out with injury?

Max Niedermaier and Stefan Pletschacher have been nominated for the European Championship

Edited by iris123

Nordic final at Varkaus this saturday is set to go ahead at 12AM syary time

PM-finaalin kuljettajat 7.3. Varkaus:

1. Stefan Svensson, Ruotsi
  2. Niclas Svensson Ruotsi
  3. Jussi Nyrönen, Suomi
  4. Aki Ala-Riihimäki, Suomi
  5. Martin Börjegren, Ruotsi
  6. Joakim Söderström, Ruotsi
  7. Christer Biskop, Suomi
  8. Mikko Jetsonen, Suomi
  9. Atte Suolammi, Suomi
  10. Jo Saetre, Norja
  11. Tomi Norola, Suomi
  12. Mikko Mäkinen, Suomi
  13. Pierre Hallen, Ruotsi
  14. Jimmy Hörnel Lidfalk, Ruotsi
  15. Matti Isoaho, Suomi
  16. Ove Ledström, Ruotsi
  17. Jani Koivula, Suomi
  18. Timo Kankkunen, Suomip

Aki Ala-Riihimäki is an interesting name from the past. Is he planning a genuine comeback to the sport or is it just a one-off appearance in this meeting?

Remains to be seen. Hopefully after all the fuss regarding his entry he does good and keeps riding in the future.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:34 PM, Schwantz34 said:

Was watching some older ice speedway on YouTube and was well impressed with a rider Sergey Karachintsev who seemed one of the only ones able to take it to Koltakov  ( at that time). Not sure how old he was, has he retired or is he out with injury?

I don't know how old Sergei was, but he was injured in Berlin in 2018, on the first day. I've gone through a few reports from the last two years and searched on the Russian Forum without success, but one can only assume he gave up the Ice. At the time he was an Ufa Rider, but doesn't figure in their teams since 2018 either.

3 hours ago, Conkers said:

I don't know how old Sergei was, but he was injured in Berlin in 2018, on the first day. I've gone through a few reports from the last two years and searched on the Russian Forum without success, but one can only assume he gave up the Ice. At the time he was an Ufa Rider, but doesn't figure in their teams since 2018 either.

According to one site I have seen, Sergei is currently 28 years old.

Do you know what injury he suffered in that crash?

Edited by HenryW

He rode one heat on the second day of Berlin and then retired from racing.

There are some rumours though......

I've watched some of the FIM TV highlights and it seems to be a foot injury, given his form before it though hopefully the rumours are about a return!!

Next question, I read somewhere that Jimmy Olsen was banned due to weed being found in his system. Does he intend to return when the ban is up?

6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I've watched some of the FIM TV highlights and it seems to be a foot injury, given his form before it though hopefully the rumours are about a return!!

Next question, I read somewhere that Jimmy Olsen was banned due to weed being found in his system. Does he intend to return when the ban is up?

Not many days since I read that he gave up the sport. Thats a reason for an act like that.

For Bavarian, AAR was the best Finn at the Nordics and said at an interview that this was his first chance to come back from his injuries.

• Like 1

Line up for Inzell:

1    Stefan Svensson 
2    Dinar Valeev
3    Franky Zorn
4    Ove Ledström 
5    Dmitry Khomitsevich 
6    Charly Ebner
7    Max Niedermaier 
8    Igor Kononov
9    Harald Simon
10    Dmitry Koltakov
11    Bart Schaap
12    Niclas Svensson 
13    Martin Haarahiltunen 
14    Johann Weber 
15    Jasper Iwema
16    Daniil Ivanov 
17    Markus Jell
18    Stefan Pletschacher

On 3/6/2020 at 1:15 PM, HenryW said:

According to one site I have seen, Sergei is currently 28 years old.

Do you know what injury he suffered in that crash?

To be perfectly honest I can't remember what he did, but he didn't ride on Day 2 and withdrew from the series.