British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

4 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Bad news about European final will follow today ......

I'm calling Dec 27th for the Finnish final so hands off!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 5:28 PM, Mr Ore said:

Just received my Email confirming. Oh well, Red Bull  v Rapid Wien on Sunday and SAK 1914  v  FC Pinzgau Saalfelden  on Saturday here we come. and another Mozart Concert or two, thrown in. Time to do the remaining breweries too. Third visit to Salzburg for Ice Speedway and third time it's been called off with two thaws at St. Johann seemingly avoided this time, with the security of an artificial track. At least we saw shale stuff at Pocking on our first visit. 

Ironically we forewent the Polish event because of the clash with Mothering Sunday, that'll teach us.  

Still brown stuff happens so happy to get on with life. Salzburg is too nice a city to be miserable in. 

You might well have to find another alternative. Think Austria are cancelling all sports event with over 100 indoors and 500 outdoors. The Austrian Ice Hockey League have announced they are closing the season early at the q-final stage and there won't be a Champion this season....and Austria are checking people crossing the border from Italy for fever...

https://kurier.at/sport/coronavirus-regierung-stoppt-sport-grossveranstaltungen/400776818

Edited by iris123

6 hours ago, iris123 said:

You might well have to find another alternative. Think Austria are cancelling all sports event with over 100 indoors and 500 outdoors. The Austrian Ice Hockey League have announced they are closing the season early at the q-final stage and there won't be a Champion this season....and Austria are checking people crossing the border from Italy for fever...

https://kurier.at/sport/coronavirus-regierung-stoppt-sport-grossveranstaltungen/400776818

Many thanks for the link. I feared the worse with Linz playing behind closed doors on Thursday and got a message from RB this morning advising that the Austrian FA were making a decision, on events likely to attract in excess of 1,000. I would assume the intimacy of the various concert halls in the city would mean them closing too, and the bars and restaurants. Looking like 4 days of Austrian TV, with sandwiches :cry: 

Update; Self restriction at the Mirabel Palace means only 99 people are allowed to watch  each concert.  there. until further notice.  Seriously considering taking the hit and writing off any losses. 

Edited by Mr Ore
update

17 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Many thanks for the link. I feared the worse with Linz playing behind closed doors on Thursday and got a message from RB this morning advising that the Austrian FA were making a decision, on events likely to attract in excess of 1,000. I would assume the intimacy of the various concert halls in the city would mean them closing too, and the bars and restaurants. Looking like 4 days of Austrian TV, with sandwiches :cry: 

Update; Self restriction at the Mirabel Palace means only 99 people are allowed to watch  each concert.  there. until further notice.  Seriously considering taking the hit and writing off any losses. 

I think you'll have to bite the bullet on this one, as I had to. I rang my travel insurance company who whilst they were sympathetic to the story, had to decline the claim as Germany/Austria are 'safe' to travel to, advice which they get from HM Government. I'm just hoping I wont take a hit on the Heerenveen meeting too, otherwise, I'm going to be snapping to cover my loses all summer!

• Like 1

https://m.speedweek.com/eisspeedwaygp/news/156343/Guenther-Bauer-zu-Inzell-Absage-Trifft-uns-boese.html?fbclid=IwAR3X40aAUjTiy-Kpeos_0TbrS9HYRl2i0T5NptCpQwx879d_bkSX6DOVInI#.XmjVfnYYg3s.facebook

Looks like Inzell are looking to people keeping hold of their tickets and using them for 2021. Say’s if everyone demands their money back then it looks gloomy for the future

It's all pretty grim no matter what way you look at it but surely that way it just pushes the problem forward a year? ie no or very little ticket money next year.

I don't know what to make of all these sporting organisations playing the financial struggle card, more often than not the common man ( or woman of course!!) makes a sacrifice in their ongoing financial struggle of life to further line the pockets of the organisers. I know it's unforseen but Inzell must make a mint every year, surely some money has to be put aside for a rainy day. 

7 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

It's all pretty grim no matter what way you look at it but surely that way it just pushes the problem forward a year? ie no or very little ticket money next year.

I don't know what to make of all these sporting organisations playing the financial struggle card, more often than not the common man ( or woman of course!!) makes a sacrifice in their ongoing financial struggle of life to further line the pockets of the organisers. I know it's unforseen but Inzell must make a mint every year, surely some money has to be put aside for a rainy day. 

Mikko Jetsonen recently stated in an interview that it cost 70k€ to make the ice for the racing weekend... Thats just the ice. He did not say it was the sum Inzell uses, but if you think about it, not much mint left to be done adding 30k € in prize money to that.

I don't doubt the overheads are extremely expensive but for me to stand one day and sit the next a generous cost is about 100 euros. There are say 3000 fans which would give 300,000 never mind sponsorship, VIP packages etc. All guesswork and supposition, all I'm saying is that if the shoe was on the other foot and you had to cancel attending because of unforseen circumstances would the organisers show the same sympathy?

It's just such a shame it couldn't have run behind closed doors and say for talkings sake every ticket holder was e mailed a link to full meeting coverage which would be taken by tv fim anyway. While I realise this probably wasn't an option left open, if something like that could have happened then I'd suggest more people would be open to donating their ticket money

On 3/11/2020 at 11:30 AM, Conkers said:

I think you'll have to bite the bullet on this one, as I had to. I rang my travel insurance company who whilst they were sympathetic to the story, had to decline the claim as Germany/Austria are 'safe' to travel to, advice which they get from HM Government. I'm just hoping I wont take a hit on the Heerenveen meeting too, otherwise, I'm going to be snapping to cover my loses all summer!

Total empathy. We are always happy to take in other events, rather than sit and sulk, and had already seen basketball, ice hockey and a Red Bull training match in Salzburg, plus several Classical and Rock gigs with previous abandonments at St Johann. With thanks to Iris 123 for the link, many things were already cancelled or restricted, I couldn't even get tickets for a Bayern League match owing to a limit on attendances to 1000, and one classical concert with a capacity limit of 99 in a huge hall would not give a decent atmosphere.

With no current  indication of there being no similar restrictions on bars, restaurants and museums etc. and a 4 a.m. departure for a very early flight from Gatwick in the morning it seemed a long way to go for possibly one amateur football match on Saturday and no eats or drinks afterwards, so we will staying at home.  We booked through BA hols and it is  impossible to get through on their phone lines at present and they don't allow you to cancel on line. I've told the hotel we won't be going but, like you, insurance is not looking good. Hope we still get our Avios :lol:. Sincerest best wishes that you are more fortunate with Heerenveen. 

21 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Today maybe news about Heerenveen / Corona.

It is only a matter of time, no matter what the press guy said a couple of days ago

All events in Holland with 100+ visitors will be cancelled. This rule is till 31 march... so maybe Heerenveen is lucky.

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

4 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I don't doubt the overheads are extremely expensive but for me to stand one day and sit the next a generous cost is about 100 euros. There are say 3000 fans which would give 300,000 never mind sponsorship, VIP packages etc. All guesswork and supposition, all I'm saying is that if the shoe was on the other foot and you had to cancel attending because of unforseen circumstances would the organisers show the same sympathy?

It's just such a shame it couldn't have run behind closed doors and say for talkings sake every ticket holder was e mailed a link to full meeting coverage which would be taken by tv fim anyway. While I realise this probably wasn't an option left open, if something like that could have happened then I'd suggest more people would be open to donating their ticket money

Not a bad suggestion with the livestream. Maybe possible. All I know is James Blunt had a gig in Hamburg last night and of course had to be behind closed doors, so instead of just cancel, he played the gig and there was a free livestream for anyone who was interested. Not sure, by reckon they could have coded it for those who had paid for tickets

Finland has set a no-no to gatherings of 500+ people until the end of May. Our ice final a week from now seems a no go at this point.

4 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

All events in Holland with 100+ visitors will be cancelled. This rule is till 31 march... so maybe Heerenveen is lucky.

I was speaking to Nigel Pearson at Belle Vue Press Day this afternoon, looks like the Darts in Rotterdam is off, and I'm told (maybe you can confirm) there is a Marathon in Rotterdam on April 6 which has been cancelled. Maybe Heerenveen may be lucky, I certainly hope so.