British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Conkers

Ice Speedway 2019-2020

Since I posted the link on Monday the number of cases in the Netherlands has almost doubled.......they are reacting slowly !!

https://www.dutchnews.nl/

47 minutes ago, Conkers said:

I was speaking to Nigel Pearson at Belle Vue Press Day this afternoon, looks like the Darts in Rotterdam is off, and I'm told (maybe you can confirm) there is a Marathon in Rotterdam on April 6 which has been cancelled. Maybe Heerenveen may be lucky, I certainly hope so.

Call me a pessimist but I just can't see it going ahead, if the Dutch are reacting slowly then you've got to imagine it will be nearing it's peak in two weekends time. If it doesn't perhaps a postponement or would that be too optimistic?

1 hour ago, Conkers said:

I was speaking to Nigel Pearson at Belle Vue Press Day this afternoon, looks like the Darts in Rotterdam is off, and I'm told (maybe you can confirm) there is a Marathon in Rotterdam on April 6 which has been cancelled. Maybe Heerenveen may be lucky, I certainly hope so.

Darts should be off yes.

I don't think Heerenveen will go ahead.

15 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Darts should be off yes.

I don't think Heerenveen will go ahead.

I think you may be right. I was down to snap Blackpool FC v Sunderland tomorrow for a paper in the North East (Poor substitute for Ice Speedway I know), but all footy is now postponed until April 3.

Judging by the way things are going, I'm going to have to rely on my Insurance Work for the forseeable future, as despite the BSPA statement of 'Keep Calm and Carry On' today, I have a feeling Speedway may well be next. 

Finnish final postponed. New date Dec 27th 2020.

EDIT. The weather did it.

Edited by f-s-p

21 hours ago, iris123 said:

Since I posted the link on Monday the number of cases in the Netherlands has almost doubled.......they are reacting slowly !!

https://www.dutchnews.nl/

Heerenveen off !! As I said inevitable and only a matter of time

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Heerenveen off !! As I said inevitable and only a matter of time

I just had a message from The Heerenveen Press Officer saying as much. Bit of a damp squid ending to the season, so Is Daniil Ivanov World Champion? 

Well it was good to see Jesper in Berlin, and I hope I'll see Steve at the SoN at Manchester in May (if its still on!), and hopefully next year we have a full programme of events. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conkers said:

I just had a message from The Heerenveen Press Officer saying as much. Bit of a damp squid ending to the season, so Is Daniil Ivanov World Champion? 

Well it was good to see Jesper in Berlin, and I hope I'll see Steve at the SoN at Manchester in May (if its still on!), and hopefully next year we have a full programme of events. 

Yes, Daniil is the new champ

Would have thought at least the quali in Landshut is in danger. Maybe they can have both in Latvia, which doesn't seem too affected atm. But the whole thing is going to get worse before it gets better 

• Like 1

So well done to the FIM. As I have said earlier the first Injustice of this new FIM debacle of a scoring system. Dmitry Khomitsevich has his World Crown taken from him by a rider who scores less race points. What a joke!!!

• Thanks 1

The FIM press release about the end to the season:

FIM regret to confirm that Finals 9 and 10 of this year’s Ice Speedway World Championship, due to be held in Heerenveen, The Netherlands on 4th and 5th April has been cancelled. This was in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the restrictions put in place by the Dutch government to restrict sporting and other events. An early decision was taken allow riders, officials and others involved from around Europe and Russia to return home and to allow spectators to cancel their travel plans.
19.png?t=635622070370000000
1337010.jpg?t=637197382360000000

2020 World Champion Daniil Ivanov in Togliatti (Russia) © Good-Shoot  © Good Shoot

Following the cancellation of Finals 7 and 8 in Inzell this brings the 2020 FIM Ice Speedway Championship to a premature end as alternative dates for both events cannot be found during the current uncertainty.
As a result, FIM have declared the championship completed as at the end of Final 6 with Daniil Ivanov as 2020 world champion. 

FIM President Jorge Viegas commented “In these so difficult times we had to consider the FIM Ice Speedway World Championship has finalised after the final in Shadrinsk. This competition has remained extremely disputed and showing to the whole world the best Ice Speedway riders. Unfortunately, and due to the particular conditions of this discipline we could not reschedule the remaining Finals. Congratulations to Daniil Ivanov and we hope things get back to normal as soon as possible! “

49.png?t=635642749290000000

FIM Ice Speedway World Championship - Final standings for 2020 are: 
2020 World Champion Daniil Ivanov (RUS) - 104; 2.Dmitry Khomitsevich (RUS) - 100; 3 Dinar Valeev (RUS)- 95; 4. Igor Kononov (RUS) – 86; 5. Dmitry Koltakov (RUS) – 79; 6. Harald Simon (AUT) – 58; 7. Johan Weber (GER) – 56; 8. Martin Haarahiltunen (SWE) – 53; 9. Stefan Svensson (SWE) – 37; 10.Franky Zorn (AUT) – 36; 11.Niclas Svensson (SWE) – 33; 2.Ove Ledström (SWE)- 31; 13.Konstantin Kolenkin (RUS) – 22; 14.Evgeniy Saydullin (RUS)- 21; 15.Charley Ebner (AUT) – 18; 16.Lukas Hutla (CZE) – 18; 17.Jasper Iwema (NED) – 16; 18. Bart Schaap (NED) – 6.

Apparently Inzell have sent out emails to ticket holders with a few choices, in the hope that most choose to use their tickets next year. Saying it would be impossible to refund every ticket. So far as I see, most that have answered have taken their recommendation

Can anyone give an educated guess on when Heerenveen 2021 would take place? Had booked flights this year with KLM and one of their options is to amend our booking free of charge

3 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Can anyone give an educated guess on when Heerenveen 2021 would take place? Had booked flights this year with KLM and one of their options is to amend our booking free of charge

Leave the change as late as possible.  Many airlines and hotels will give 12 months.    No one could know when sport will start again.

European championship is now scheduled for August 8 at the same Polish venue.