9. Vladimir Cheblokov KZ (1,2,2,0,2) 7
10. Luca Bauer DE (2,2,1,0,0) 5
11. Pavel Nekrassov KZ (1,0,d,2,2) 5
12. Jiří Wildt CZ (2,0,1,1,0) 4
13. Franz Mayerbüchler DE (0,1,0,1,1) 3
14. Philip Lageder SE (1,1,0,0,1) 3
15. Pierre Hallén SE (0,1,1,d,d) 2
16. Jussi Nyrönen FI (0,0,d,1,0) 1

Attendance was 1237 according to Swedish Public Service Radio-channel SR: https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=110&artikel=7382844 

Is there any chance of Shishegov getting one of the permanent wild cards for ISG this year or will it be one of the non qualifiers from Saturday?

Seem strange picks to me......

2 hours ago, iris123 said:

Seem strange picks to me......

The problem is, outside Russia, opportunities are few and far between for the young riders, so I can see where their thinking is.

Schaap has impressed me over the last couple of years, so I think he deserves a chance to impress. Ebner has been there or thereabouts for a few years, and the fact he has ridden in Russia this season, has made his profile that bit higher. 

Personally I think Jell should have been considered, and I hope the Germans will include him in the team at the SoN in Berlin. Obviously the FIM have had a tough choice in selecting the Permanent Wildcards, but they will have had their reasons for picking the two they did. 

Any bets on 'Smiler' Luca Bauer getting the Inzell WildCard?:rofl:

• Like 1

Kolenkin and Saydullin are the wild cards for the Shadrinks and Togliatti GP’s

Edited by iris123

6 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Charly Ebner and Bart Schaap received the wildcards

I can't help but feel disappointed, surely the FIM want the strongest possible field for the premier series. I don't mean any disrespect but can't non Russians get their chance as wildcards at their home rounds?

As I've said before I've not followed the sport for that long but did younger riders like Haaruhiltunen or Weber get full time wildcards to prove themselves and get established or did they get established and then qualify off their own back with perhaps a one off wildcard here and there?

12 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I can't help but feel disappointed, surely the FIM want the strongest possible field for the premier series. I don't mean any disrespect but can't non Russians get their chance as wildcards at their home rounds?

As I've said before I've not followed the sport for that long but did younger riders like Haaruhiltunen or Weber get full time wildcards to prove themselves and get established or did they get established and then qualify off their own back with perhaps a one off wildcard here and there?

Martin Haarahiltunen has qualified in the ISG for last three years. Because of the restrictions on any nation having more than the set number of qualifying riders, Sweden tends not to get Permanent Wildcards. I'd seen Martin ride at the Roelof Thijs meetings, and a Swedish Friend of mine said he was the future of Swedish Ice Speedway. I think if he stays injury free he could be a real threat to the Russians.

Weber has ridden for a number of years, but has risen to the top in the last 3-4 years, qualifying on for the last two. I am of the opinion that certain German riders had too much influence in the past, so riders like Eis-Hans and Markus Jell were ignored because of it. In the last couple of years they have proved themselves, by knocking the established order with Weber getting Silver in the German Championship three years running, and Jell winning the Championship last season, after a year out of the sport. 

Posa once told me that some riders are 'naturals' like Erik Stenlund, but other riders take years to improve as they gain experience. Martin is, in my opinion, a Natural, whilst Eis-Hans has improved with experience. 

• Like 1

I actually thought Weber was quite talented from the start. Very exciting just like Järf was as well

22 hours ago, iris123 said:

I actually thought Weber was quite talented from the start. Very exciting just like Järf was as well

I don't disagree, but he has 'matured' as a rider in recent years, as he has ridden more.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 6:04 PM, iris123 said:

Kolenkin and Saydullin are the wild cards for the Shadrinks and Togliatti GP’s

Cheblakov Wild Card for Almaty

3 hours ago, Conkers said:

I don't disagree, but he has 'matured' as a rider in recent years, as he has ridden more.

Yes, I agree. Just I think very few riders start out as the finished product no matter how talented they are. Michael Lee or Darcy Ward etc still had to knock off the rough edges and gain experience/ consistency. Whereas someone like say Niedermaier doesn’t seem to get any better with more experience 

Should Jasper Iwema stay injury free I fancy him to get into the top 10 this season. Is putting a lot into his racing. Travelling regularly to Russia for training & league matches to gain experience. Looks to have improved his starting & appears to be more aggressive at the first turn which now compliments his fitness. Could even be the top Non-Russian this year!!

Have & will continue to support Franky Z but am really liking Jasper. And a lovely bloke always smiling!!!

Really looking forward to seeing him at Inzell & Heerenveen.

Go `El Grillo!!!!`

Seems like the warm weather could play havoc with this weekends Russian League meeting at Ufa!!! 

15 hours ago, steve69 said:

Should Jasper Iwema stay injury free I fancy him to get into the top 10 this season. Is putting a lot into his racing. Travelling regularly to Russia for training & league matches to gain experience. Looks to have improved his starting & appears to be more aggressive at the first turn which now compliments his fitness. Could even be the top Non-Russian this year!!

Have & will continue to support Franky Z but am really liking Jasper. And a lovely bloke always smiling!!!

Really looking forward to seeing him at Inzell & Heerenveen.

Go `El Grillo!!!!`

I agree, watching his vlogs make me appreciate how unglamorous it can be being an ice speedway rider ( travelling must be horrendous and exhausting). Fair play to him sticking at it after the comparatively glam world of the moto gp paddock!!!!