British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
porkypotter

PLYMOUTH V THE POTTERS 23/ 08

THE POTTERS MAKE THE LONG JOURNEY SOUTH THIS EVENING TO TAKE ON PLYMOUTH. COULD BE A TIGHT ONE THIS WITH CONOR COLES MISSING AND R/R IN PLACE. WE ONLY LOST BY 6 LAST TIME SO JUST MAYBE WE CAN COME AWAY WITH A WIN. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADS AND THEN HOME TO FACE BELLE VUE TOMORROW EVENING. COME ON THE POTTERS.

7 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

THE POTTERS MAKE THE LONG JOURNEY SOUTH THIS EVENING TO TAKE ON PLYMOUTH. COULD BE A TIGHT ONE THIS WITH CONOR COLES MISSING AND R/R IN PLACE. WE ONLY LOST BY 6 LAST TIME SO JUST MAYBE WE CAN COME AWAY WITH A WIN. GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE LADS AND THEN HOME TO FACE BELLE VUE TOMORROW EVENING. COME ON THE POTTERS.

Tricky evening for both sides with a lot riding on it. Guest reserves for both sides but Douglas definitely has the greater pedigree although not sure if he has ridden Plymouth before or not? Coles absent is a big miss for Stoke but with Perry fresh from his holiday & Lawlor in good form could look to spoil things. For the Gladiators Wilson & Stoneman should be sharp, Wally is due a good meeting as its an odd day i the month but Andrews recent for has been a worry. Still should be a home win but if Stoke take a point i wouldn't be that surprised.

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Tricky evening for both sides with a lot riding on it. Guest reserves for both sides but Douglas definitely has the greater pedigree although not sure if he has ridden Plymouth before or not? Coles absent is a big miss for Stoke but with Perry fresh from his holiday & Lawlor in good form could look to spoil things. For the Gladiators Wilson & Stoneman should be sharp, Wally is due a good meeting as its an odd day i the month but Andrews recent for has been a worry. Still should be a home win but if Stoke take a point i wouldn't be that surprised.

good analysis sings. this could be a real nip and tuck job and if the potters reserves and second strings can stay on the bike and stop giving points away then we are in with a good chance. riders missing matches is I think unsettling for the team and it looks like joe Lawlor may have to miss the belle vue match as Leicester are also riding tomorrow I think. while being pleased that riders are moving up and improving it does us no favours at all. oh well enough moaning now lets look forward to some good action. up the potters.

22 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

good analysis sings. this could be a real nip and tuck job and if the potters reserves and second strings can stay on the bike and stop giving points away then we are in with a good chance. riders missing matches is I think unsettling for the team and it looks like joe Lawlor may have to miss the belle vue match as Leicester are also riding tomorrow I think. while being pleased that riders are moving up and improving it does us no favours at all. oh well enough moaning now lets look forward to some good action. up the potters.

Both sides have suffered with riders missing / injured. Shame given the team that Stoke put together that this and the return fixture could well decide who finishes bottom of the table. However must be much more satisfying this year being more competitive throughout the season.

37 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Both sides have suffered with riders missing / injured. Shame given the team that Stoke put together that this and the return fixture could well decide who finishes bottom of the table. However must be much more satisfying this year being more competitive throughout the season.

correct again sings. we thought we would be finishing at least mid table and I suppose if we win a few we may still do that. we have a top four to match any team but our long tail is hurting us at times. still there are enough matches left to turn things around and if just one of the reserves kicks on and hits some good form we can finish with a flourish. onwards and upwards.

Thouroughly enjoyed last nights meeting,from a Plymouth perspective stoke must be kicking themselves  from Devon back to the potteries for getting nothing from this Lawlor in his first three rides was untouchable but then he only got 2 points from his last 3 rides the problem stoke have Perry and Lawlor will score big points but there’s not a lot backing them up Luke priest is no where near the rider he was which is a shame.

• Like 2

Can only agree with Mike, it was an enjoyable meeting, Stoke looked to be well on top then the tables turned, well done our boys for keeping at it. Nathan was spot on form again after his Cradley score.

Well done to all and speedy recovery to Danny who looks a good prospect.

2 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Can only agree with Mike, it was an enjoyable meeting, Stoke looked to be well on top then the tables turned, well done our boys for keeping at it. Nathan was spot on form again after his Cradley score.

Well done to all and speedy recovery to Danny who looks a good prospect.

oh eck capitulation again. does not bode well for tonight against a tougher belle vue team. lets hope we can snap out of this losing run and give a good account of ourselves. come on the potters make us proud.

4 minutes ago, porkypotter said:

oh eck capitulation again. does not bode well for tonight against a tougher belle vue team. lets hope we can snap out of this losing run and give a good account of ourselves. come on the potters make us proud.

Stoke were right in it till heat 14 I think our reserve beating I think priest sucked the life out of them then in heat 15 when Lawlor didn’t gate he gave up on lap 2 and just poodled round but you can see why we are the 2 bottom teams that’s why it made for an interesting meeting.

51 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Stoke were right in it till heat 14 I think our reserve beating I think priest sucked the life out of them then in heat 15 when Lawlor didn’t gate he gave up on lap 2 and just poodled round but you can see why we are the 2 bottom teams that’s why it made for an interesting meeting.

how sad mike that we are both fighting off the wooden spoon. not sure if it is luck or lack of it that holds us back but I really thought stoke had built a good team this year but we have just not found the right balance and riders who you would have thought would have improved just have not quite made it. in joe alcock particularly you can see he is brave and got good speed but all too often he will get into a good position then slide off gifting the other team points. still lets hope we can both finish with a flourish and move up a bit. come on the potters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, porkypotter said:

how sad mike that we are both fighting off the wooden spoon. not sure if it is luck or lack of it that holds us back but I really thought stoke had built a good team this year but we have just not found the right balance and riders who you would have thought would have improved just have not quite made it. in joe alcock particularly you can see he is brave and got good speed but all too often he will get into a good position then slide off gifting the other team points. still lets hope we can both finish with a flourish and move up a bit. come on the potters.

I think the same with our reserves, both Adam and Jamie,. Adam had a couple of really good rides last night but all too often can slide off when under pressure. One thing I won't ever say though is that he hasn't got heart, he is a real team man. With the second half last night 10 rides I think, with some of the "bangs" he get he must feel battered the day after a meeting.

• Like 1