British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swindon v Peterborough Premiership Thursday August 29th

I would still have Ellis Perks as my first signing next season :t:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Was it a decent size crowd A ORLOV?  With big scores like the past couple of weeks Terry Russell will be saying his prayers!!;)

More there than I thought there would be, with two meetings in one week and with weak opposition.  I would guess over 1000.  

55 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

More there than I thought there would be, with two meetings in one week and with weak opposition.  I would guess over 1000.  

I know it's only one example, but my mate went with his missus on Thur against Poole and loved it and he went on Monday and she has been to both since and brought along family members. The Poole meeting was the best in years at Swindon and if you add the on track action alongside the deals the management are offering this season then all of a sudden speedway is a good night out again. Well done Terry Russell for the track and well done Lee Kilby for the promotion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Was it a decent size crowd A ORLOV?  With big scores like the past couple of weeks Terry Russell will be saying his prayers!!;)

terry russell is probably more able than most promoters to cope with lots of points money payments,certainly pleased pirates havent racked up those high scores,extra payments like that might have moved the poole promotion into early decisions!!

Edited by poole keith
spelt wrong

13 hours ago, Debbs said:

Just got it and thou the track was Poor as normal it was great 2 sea the panthers give the many traveling fans something to cheer . Swindon fans were booing Hands and Scott and that was out order .Glad I don't have to watch crap racing like that every week.

Ahahahahahahaha...The track has more than one line unlike Boro's cabbage patch field. If you went (which I doubt) Swindon were far superior in every way. Nicholls only finished one race - pulled up in the others when cut adrift at the back.

Heat 6 was miles better than most heats that have been on BT this season. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

I would say closer to 1300/1400. Both cars parks were full by 7.15. I wasn't expecting as many tbh. The crowds for the past 3 meeting IMO have been good. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Ahahahahahahaha...The track has more than one line unlike Boro's cabbage patch field. If you went (which I doubt) Swindon were far superior in every way. Nicholls only finished one race - pulled up in the others when cut adrift at the back.

Heat 6 was miles better than most heats that have been on BT this season. 

It reckons it was there but seemingly under at least two other guises 

6 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

It reckons it was there but seemingly under at least two other guises 

Think you will find it said it was there under 3 alias, and that's the ones we know of 

30 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think you will find it said it was there under 3 alias, and that's the ones we know of 

Probably at Ipswich as well, what a fruitcake.:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

terry russell is probably more able than most promoters to cope with lots of points money payments,certainly pleased pirates havent racked up those high scores,extra payments like that might have moved the poole promotion into early decisions!!

I'm not sure on this, but don't the home promotion pay both sides? In which case, it will make no difference.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, noggin said:

Probably at Ipswich as well, what a fruitcake.:)

Yes I'm starting to think that also.......

37 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I'm not sure on this, but don't the home promotion pay both sides? In which case, it will make no difference.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that each team pays their riders from the home fixture. 

6 minutes ago, noggin said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that each team pays their riders from the home fixture. 

That's correct, each promotion is now only responsible for their own teams payments. The exchange rate between clubs for meetings was done away with about 4 or 5 years ago I think

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Yes I'm starting to think that also.......

So the fruitcake is also the fruitcake?  

• Haha 1