British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle vs Birmingham 25/08/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

Think all the Diamonds fans have lost interest... Come on!! Let's win this one... Is Nick Agertoft there? Just to think about a month ago I was thinking to myself if we have a decent run... We'll make the playoffs... Now I'm hoping we don't finish bottom!! What the hell happened? I know Steve lost form... But surely we are better than this on track... We look good on paper... One of the best reserves in the league... The best second strings in the league and a solid heat leader trio... And tbh Danny has started doing his part recently too... I hope we can be at least entertained for the rest of the season and we have a good 90th too?

Good win.

I hope we never see that referee again.

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Good win.

I hope we never see that referee again.

Agreed, that's what I and others around me said, when he goaded riders to jump holding the tapes too long at other meetings I have attended.

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Think all the Diamonds fans have lost interest... Come on!! Let's win this one... Is Nick Agertoft there? Just to think about a month ago I was thinking to myself if we have a decent run... We'll make the playoffs... Now I'm hoping we don't finish bottom!! What the hell happened? I know Steve lost form... But surely we are better than this on track... We look good on paper... One of the best reserves in the league... The best second strings in the league and a solid heat leader trio... And tbh Danny has started doing his part recently too... I hope we can be at least entertained for the rest of the season and we have a good 90th too?

Seriously , if that was the case why are you fighting a national league team for the precious wooden spoon , would rather have Stewart and Andersen any day over Ostergaard and Wethers

1 hour ago, homer said:

Seriously , if that was the case why are you fighting a national league team for the precious wooden spoon , would rather have Stewart and Andersen any day over Ostergaard and Wethers

Ostergaard gates is very hard to catch & get your view on either Stewart but which Anderson you on about as I wouldn't have either in my team to replace weathers as he is an easy 5 pointer home & away without a doubt.. the lad is a proper 100%a

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Ostergaard gates is very hard to catch & get your view on either Stewart but which Anderson you on about as I wouldn't have either in my team to replace weathers as he is an easy 5 pointer home & away without a doubt.. the lad is a proper 100%a

not on any track you can race on he`s not , which Andersen do you think i am on about since you spelt it wrong ,wethers might be a percenter as you put it but showing his age and will he go for that gap that might get the extra point he`s basically replaced stuey robbo 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, homer said:

not on any track you can race on he`s not , which Andersen do you think i am on about since you spelt it wrong ,wethers might be a percenter as you put it but showing his age and will he go for that gap that might get the extra point he`s basically replaced stuey robbo 

Will not go for that gap? Have you seen his bend four passes?

And if you read my original post... I am talking about our team on paper... It does look one of the best in the league imo... But on track we have collapsed... I'd rather have Ostergaard and Wethers over Stewart and Andersen any day of the week... So there ya go :)

• Like 2

It was interesting to read some stuff in the programme last night, it seems Worrall has tried to improve things and spent a great deal of money on engine tuning but hasnt seemed to of work. You cant really fault a rider for trying to improve himself and get better scores for us. 

People have been disappointed with him as his scores have dropped off but for the first half of the season him, Matty and Max had carried us and recently only Clegg has continued that.

Worrall was back to gating well and looking quick with paid 8 from his 3 rides and it was good to see. It was also great to see Matty back to his usual self and Jorgensen doing much better and you could see how much it meant to him after what looked like a puncture in heat 15. Ulrich and Danny were also gating well and only Bjerre looked to be a concern but looked a different rider when gated.

In Worrall's 1st 19 matches to mid July he had double figures scores in 14 of then and his other scores included a paid 12, 9, 9, 8 and 6+1 so no one can complain at that and are the scores of a real number 1.

Hopefully last night will give them a bit confidence even though it was only against Birmingham for the final.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, homer said:

Ask Tero!

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

It was also great to see Matty back to his usual self and Jorgensen doing much better and you could see how much it meant to him after what looked like a puncture in heat 15. 

Yeah, TJ's reaction can only be described as, someone that really had been let down,,, could have been dangerous parking his bike where he did tho.

• Like 1

A think the only poor show last night was from Lasse, but at least he did pass someone for a point,,, usually he couldn't pass a parcel.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, TJ's reaction can only be described as, someone that really had been let down,,, could have been dangerous parking his bike where he did tho.

Not the first time he's done it at Brough Park!!

22 hours ago, homer said:

On about jba,, so you are telling me you would rather have him than weather's,, & ostergaard is doing nothing wrong as he's a good team man in the pits especially helping the young resever riders in the team