British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PotteringAround

Stoke v Belle Vue 24/08

Why didn't we use Dan Thompson as a Tactical Substitute in heat 14?

Also I would have thought Tom Perry was a better choice for heat 15 rather than Connor Coles.

• Like 1

Congrats to our Colts for winning that meeting yesterday.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:06 AM, PotteringAround said:

Why didn't we use Dan Thompson as a Tactical Substitute in heat 14?

Also I would have thought Tom Perry was a better choice for heat 15 rather than Connor Coles.

Don`t think You can use Tac- sub after Heat 10

2 hours ago, griffo said:

You can use a tac sub up to & including heat 14.   Heat 8 is protected so no tac sub allowed. 

22 hours ago, griffo said:

You might not realise that Tac Subs can be used from heat 5 up to and including heat 14 (except protected heat 8)..... but the rules are available to all online, and most fans know this.

But team managers, clerks of the course & machine examiners all go on a couse pre-season to have a refresher of the rules, so they would have all known.     

So it still begs the question why the TS wasn't used.

27 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

You might not realise that Tac Subs can be used from heat 5 up to and including heat 14 (except protected heat 8)..... but the rules are available to all online, and most fans know this.

But team managers, clerks of the course & machine examiners all go on a couse pre-season to have a refresher of the rules, so they would have all known.     

So it still begs the question why the TS wasn't used.

I was told by a team manager that in the NL each rider gets 1 tyre & he can only use that tyre in the meeting, he cannot swap with another rider. So if he is in heat 15 he will almost certainly not have enough tread to have an extra ride in heat 14!  Work that out.   Also i was told if a team has r/r they only get 6 tyres not 7 despite riders taking the r/r rides, this is even more bonkers. 

39 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

I was told by a team manager that in the NL each rider gets 1 tyre & he can only use that tyre in the meeting, he cannot swap with another rider. So if he is in heat 15 he will almost certainly not have enough tread to have an extra ride in heat 14!  Work that out.   Also i was told if a team has r/r they only get 6 tyres not 7 despite riders taking the r/r rides, this is even more bonkers. 

You can only use one new tyre per meeting  and the one on your spare bike must be a used one even it's only done one race each edge and it can be used also in the meeting if you get a puncture ect or your meeting tyre is totally knackered but have to ask the machine examiner or COC first and you can lend your tyre if you want to any rider same applies in all the leagues as long as the new tyre has been supplied for that meeting and the machine examiner writes the date and teams on it and  most Nl teams will only use 6 tyres if there's 6 riders saves them a tyre only tyres have to have a yellow band on them are to be used in U.K. Racing in top leagues teams will get 7 tyres with the r/r tyre usually put on a spare wheel and used by rider that has the most races 

Edited by mac101