British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
craigACE

Kent v Mildenhall 26/08/2019

Lovely weather expected on Bank holiday. Should be a good meeting. Hoping for a Kent win.

Kent have Stoneman as guest for Ledwith & r/r for Jenkins, Mulford at reserve. Should be a comfortable win for Kent.

Next Saturday at Leicester is a problem for Kent though. Kemp, Jenkins, Ledwith & Mulford all missing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Kent have Stoneman as guest for Ledwith & r/r for Jenkins, Mulford at reserve. Should be a comfortable win for Kent.

Next Saturday at Leicester is a problem for Kent though. Kemp, Jenkins, Ledwith & Mulford all missing.

So Saturday Kemp riding for Sheffield, Jenkins packed up, Ledwith assume not fit still and is Mulford grasstracking?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flipper11 said:

Ledwith might be fit by then. He’s back practicing on a bike now. 

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Ledwith might be fit by then. He’s back practicing on a bike now. 

Yes he has been practising, but not fit enough to ride today so i doubt he would want his 1st meeting back to be away at a tough place like Leicester and if Kent win today they are pretty much guaranteed a play off place.    Kent do still have an away match at Cradley & if they can run with a full team for a change i would expect a win there.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

Nice easy win. Well done Kent.

First time I’ve been to Central Park for a couple of seasons. Great crowd and very impressed by the tenacity of the young team.

Great to see the future of the Kings is in such good hands.

Well done to all concerned. If 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, New Cross Ranger said:

First time I’ve been to Central Park for a couple of seasons. Great crowd and very impressed by the tenacity of the young team.

Great to see the future of the Kings is in such good hands.

Well done to all concerned. If 

New Cross Ranger...there's a name to bring back my memories of early post war Speedway in London.  Used to love to go down the Old Kent Rd to the

"Frying Pan" when the Hammers rode there. Eric Chitty was a master of New Cross, but the greatest of all was the king of balance, Ron Johnson.

Very pleased that, like myself, you are still a keen fan. I now go every week to Sittingbourne Central Park as the Hammers are no more. I like the comfort

and viewing, suits my tired old legs !  Not a bad young team either !

• Like 3

I’m glad my monicker has evoked such fond memories. As a child of the fifties I only remember the latter days of the Rangers and the odd lower league meets thereafter. Being from the area I have fond memories of those latter days at ‘The Frying Pan’ cheering on Ron Johnson, Reg Luckhurst and ‘Split’ Waterman.

A good friend who has a few years on me used to clean Ron Johnson’s bike.

Great days!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, New Cross Ranger said:

I’m glad my monicker has evoked such fond memories. As a child of the fifties I only remember the latter days of the Rangers and the odd lower league meets thereafter. Being from the area I have fond memories of those latter days at ‘The Frying Pan’ cheering on Ron Johnson, Reg Luckhurst and ‘Split’ Waterman.

A good friend who has a few years on me used to clean Ron Johnson’s bike.

Great days!

Yes, fond memories indeed.  You are a lot younger that I thought !  I am a child of the 30's and came to Speedway in 1946 at West Ham.

Speedway was popular all over London at that time and the memories are very vivid. I was fortunate that I became great friends to a 

promoter at West Ham which gave me a fascinating insight to the other side of the fence. Sadly, he is no longer with us. I supported the

Hammers at Arena Essex, but never liked the uncomfortable stadium.  Still sad to see it go though.  I believe there are efforts being made

to bring Speedway back to that area. 

• Like 1