British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Newcastle , Saturday 31 August 7pm

56 minutes ago, parkendlass said:
17 minutes ago, screm said:

You've got far to much time on your hands.

ste

Look I'm not arguing that we have riders swapping and reswapping places on all four laps of every race but it really is rose tinted glasses to suggest that the Owens - great riders that they were - David Bargh, Bobby Beaton, Brian Havelock, Kenny Carter et al were continually picking up wins from the back. What I will agree is that a deep track where it is difficult to  turn a speedway bike will lead to errors; errors allow more opportunity to make a pass - whether it is quality racing or not is very much in the eye of the beholder

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

I've just gone through all Berwick Home Matches using the Updates Site and in the vast majority of races the result were decided from the gate, mostly it was the home

heat leader who had gated so won the race but when the opposition heat leader gated he was never passed.

When we reopened in 1975 I can remember plenty of passes by the Newcastle Riders on our deeper track, they knew gating was not as important as now and so when

they missed the start they could ride round the opposition by attacking round the bends and won many races from the back. 

Bikes are very very different now deep tracks are a thing of the past 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, penchev said:

Your excellent contribution of people’s lack of ability to read weather forecasts is much appreciated once again 

Always glad to be of service, though I smell a slight whiff of sarcasm which i am sure is not intended. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screm said:

Always glad to be of service, though I smell a slight whiff of sarcasm which i am sure is not intended. 

Slight whiff ?!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Bikes are very very different now deep tracks are a thing of the past 

To speedway's demise. Bring back a bit more dirt. Bikes should be adjusted to track conditions, not the other way around. Sheffield was deep the other week and Rory Schlein had a hissy fit. He'd have been cr*p in the late 70's (unless he was riding for Eastbourne).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, leander said:

To speedway's demise. Bring back a bit more dirt. Bikes should be adjusted to track conditions, not the other way around. Sheffield was deep the other week and Rory Schlein had a hissy fit. He'd have been cr*p in the late 70's (unless he was riding for Eastbourne).

Killing the sport with progress 

4 hours ago, screm said:

You've got far to much time on your hands.

Some people will go to any lengths to prove a point

Looking forward to seeing if THJ can fill NBJ boots. 

Is there something else on in Berwick next Saturday apart from the double header ? Been looking at b&B's and they're all over a hundred quid for the night . Anyone know of one on the speedway track side of the river ? 

26 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Is there something else on in Berwick next Saturday apart from the double header ? Been looking at b&B's and they're all over a hundred quid for the night . Anyone know of one on the speedway track side of the river ? 

Tour Of Britain Sunday and Monday, you will be very lucky to get a vavancy .

Bl**dy cyclists will be everywhere

What's the current weather? 

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Looking forward to seeing if THJ can fill NBJ boots. 

R/r will make it tricky if THJ doesn’t hit the ground running. IMO

• Like 1