British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Newcastle , Saturday 31 August 7pm

2 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

sunny with a breeze

Cheers 

32 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Tour Of Britain Sunday and Monday, you will be very lucky to get a vavancy .

Bl**dy cyclists will be everywhere

Also three-day food and beer festival - try Air bnb

31 minutes ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Bring a tent, camp outside Black & Gold

Speak nicely to Mrs McKinna, camp inside the Black + Gold! 

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Speak nicely to Mrs McKinna, camp inside the Black + Gold! 

Thats the first time you have ever come up with a good idea Dick, there's hope yet for you. :party:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

What's the current weather? 

All good, bright and breezy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Is there something else on in Berwick next Saturday apart from the double header ? Been looking at b&B's and they're all over a hundred quid for the night . Anyone know of one on the speedway track side of the river ? 

Is there not a supporters bus coming through? 

20 hours ago, screm said:

Always glad to be of service, though I smell a slight whiff of sarcasm which i am sure is not intended. 

Just banter it’s healthy 

Chuffed with the win. Before the meeting I thought this would be a tight match. Quite impressed with Tomas H Jonasson on his debut. He can certainly gate (always helpful at Berwick) but looked as if he could do with a bit more speed. No doubt set up will come as he learns the track. Solid performances from Captain Kev and any as well, but for me the standout for Berwick was Jye, who looked very impressive tonight.

Felt sorry for Matty Wethers. He always gives 100% and came down giving it a big run round the fourth bend trying to pass Dany. His race with THJ in the first running of that heat was brilliant. Not often you get three passes in a race at Berwick. Tommy Jorgensen was also involved in a few good races tonight.

Another superb team performance times seemed a bit slow tonight hope Matty okay never stops trying. Also a postman £500 better of I think I heard. Hope we are getting a guest got the double header next week anyway away out for a beer or three

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Another superb team performance times seemed a bit slow tonight hope Matty okay never stops trying. Also a postman £500 better of I think I heard. Hope we are getting a guest got the double header next week anyway away out for a beer or three

Probably a good idea. It will be a hell of an ask for r/r for a double header.

• Like 1

Usual away performance from the Diamonds. At least Stevie and Thomas were somewhere near where they should be.

Hope Matty W is OK.

Good win for Bandits,a good bit of effort from riders-but in reality one racing line .Actualy enjoyed the junior match more.

Edited by Fromafar

3 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Usual away performance from the Diamonds. At least Stevie and Thomas were somewhere near where they should be.

Hope Matty W is OK.

Sadly Steve it’s the story of Newcastle Speedway of late (years not weeks). Underperforming riders/team.

it’s like we always look like we have an ok/good team yet never spark into life. It’s almost like the mentality is that it’s acceptable to get beat away aslong as it’s not a hammering. At home, we applaud “good teams” that take points when the simple difference is that they want it more...

I watch a team this season with 3 motivated riders (Matty, Max and Danny) all trying to prove. First two have had fantastic seasons, the latter I’m so pleased proving he belongs in this league as a no7 and is scoring points. 

Stevie just isn’t himself, but reliably is scoring points, but just hasn’t quite got back to being a true #1...

I see a team with 

1) Lasse Bjerre: A number 1 most seasons, an 8.00 rider two years ago, who is now a 5.00 rider 

2) TJ: Our #1 before the team change - now on a 6 average

3) Ulrich: not done much wrong for us, but a #1 at Birmingham at start of year and soon to be a reserve.

so ironically, we have three positive riders all improving their averages, and then 4 proven/chosen number ones and yet still can’t buy a point....

A confident win.... no Bandit crocked this week (best wishes to Matty W though on recovering from what was a nasty spill) and my hubby wins the 1st prize on the 5-1 draw on our anniversary weekend... oh, and our next away opponents lose heavily at home :lol:

That wasn’t too bad a night I tell ya :approve:

• Like 4