British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Newcastle , Saturday 31 August 7pm

29 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

A confident win.... no Bandit crocked this week (best wishes to Matty W though on recovering from what was a nasty spill) and my hubby wins the 1st prize on the 5-1 draw on our anniversary weekend... oh, and our next away opponents lose heavily at home :lol:

That wasn’t too bad a night I tell ya :approve:

Well done on the5-1 draw win.

• Thanks 1

Guest Loose Diamond
6 hours ago, StevePark said:

Usual away performance from the Diamonds. At least Stevie and Thomas were somewhere near where they should be.

Hope Matty W is OK.

Yes the usual rubbish from Newcastle. Pleased I was not there. 2 points from 3 riders?? Hahaha hahahaha.

8 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Also a postman £500 better of I think I heard. 

Yep, you heard correctly. Big thanks to Steve Worrall who drew the winning number. Also, thanks to whoever chose my favourite number, meaning I had to choose my second favourite (winning) number. That’s next years season pass paid for :t:

• Like 1

A good first meeting for THJ . A fairly comfortable victory for The Bandits against a poor Newcastle  team. Best wishes to Matty hope it's nothing serious. Hopefully it will be a wee bit warmer next Saturday night 

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

Usual away performance from the Diamonds. At least Stevie and Thomas were somewhere near where they should be.

Hope Matty W is OK.

A few fancied Newcastle against Bandits in that one.  Top 5 can all go around Berwick but Ostergaard was off pace and Wethers sadly picked up that knock after poor first ride

18 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Is there not a supporters bus coming through? 

Yes there is , but I like to go to the Black and Gold after the speedway and stop in Berwick overnight 

• Like 2

Couldn’t get last night but a very good win I genuinely thought Newcastle would push us close even sneak a point they have a few guys who go well at Berwick 

The push up the table continues but not helped by Scunthorpe winning at Glasgow 

Same old same old from Diamonds at Berwick. Only Worrall and Jorgensen who put up much of a fight. 

Racing was gate and go and pretty much over by 2nd turn, track only appears to have one line, dirty moves further and further towards fence making passing limited and predictable. We'll done to Berwick, coped very well with Summers, impressed again with Flint, very impressive around Berwick. 

39 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Yes there is , but I like to go to the Black and Gold after the speedway and stop in Berwick overnight 

You like to feel fragile on a Sunday morning. 

45 minutes ago, Paulco said:

https://www.harrowbank.com/. Try this place , not far from the. stadium 

Guest Loose Diamond
18 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Same old same old from Diamonds at Berwick. Only Worrall and Jorgensen who put up much of a fight. 

Racing was gate and go and pretty much over by 2nd turn, track only appears to have one line, dirty moves further and further towards fence making passing limited and predictable. We'll done to Berwick, coped very well with Summers, impressed again with Flint, very impressive around Berwick. 

Yes. Hopefully Matty is ok. We struggle at this track. We cannot get all of our riders going at once. But yet again Danny Phillips was shocking. Cannot say much more about him. Not good enough for this level.

8 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Hopefully Matty is ok. We struggle at this track. We cannot get all of our riders going at once. But yet again Danny Phillips was shocking. Cannot say much more about him. Not good enough for this level.

You weren’t there,:blink:

Guest Loose Diamond
4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You weren’t there,:blink:

No I was not. But I know what Phillips is like. Seen him enough in other away fixtures.

6 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes the usual rubbish from Newcastle. Pleased I was not there. 2 points from 3 riders?? Hahaha hahahaha.

One of which got injured (when chasing the leader) and had to withdraw, so that's damned harsh on Matty. 

3 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

No I was not. But I know what Phillips is like. Seen him enough in other away fixtures.

Danny was on the pace in all his rides and was chasing hard when he came off in his second ride.  But, clearly, you have an axe to grind when it comes to Danny (and Lasse), so would expect nothing less.