Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Newcastle , Saturday 31 August 7pm

12 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

No I was not. But I know what Phillips is like. Seen him enough in other away fixtures.

Have you ever thought of changing your nom de plume to "Loose Cannon". 

• Haha 1

Guest Loose Diamond
7 minutes ago, StevePark said:

One of which got injured (when chasing the leader) and had to withdraw, so that's damned harsh on Matty. 

Danny was on the pace in all his rides and was chasing hard when he came off in his second ride.  But, clearly, you have an axe to grind when it comes to Danny (and Lasse), so would expect nothing less.

Correct. Is Danny any better now?

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Have you ever thought of changing your nom de plume to "Loose Cannon". 

No.

Has anyone heard how much was collected last night for The Benevolent Fund ? 

Guest Loose Diamond
14 minutes ago, StevePark said:

One of which got injured (when chasing the leader) and had to withdraw, so that's damned harsh on Matty. 

Danny was on the pace in all his rides and was chasing hard when he came off in his second ride.  But, clearly, you have an axe to grind when it comes to Danny (and Lasse), so would expect nothing less.

Yes it was unfair on Matty. Completely. But I just think Bjerre is not very good sorry. Some of his performances remind me of Ludvig Lindgren. Usually looking not interested at the back.

23 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yeah, but Steve,,, he was still in last place when he took a fall ;)

Hope he's not too badly injured, as is not one that we could miss.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, but Steve,,, he was still in last place when he took a fall ;)

Hope he's not too badly injured, as is not one that we could miss.

No one can accuse Wethers for lack of effort ,was having a good battle with THJ in 1st running of race and he chased Dany for whole race till he came down on last bend in rerun, he could have cruised round for 2points.Probably the best race of the night.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No one can accuse Wethers for lack of effort ,was having a good battle with THJ in 1st running of race and he chased Dany for whole race till he came down on last bend in rerun, he could have cruised round for 2points.Probably the best race of the night.

Always puts in 110%.

12 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Yes yuor right Matty was chasing Dany hard when he came off many a rider would have settled for second place not Matty style. 

38 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Has anyone heard how much was collected last night for The Benevolent Fund ? 

Last I heard the counting was still going on but it will over £1000 which is a fantastic effort by everyone.

• Like 1

Another home win where all Berwick riders either won a race or was paid for a win. Good debut from Jonasson, hopefully Matty Wethers will be back for Newcastle`s next fixture.

So now onto next weeks double header where hopefully Berwick will use a full time as IMO its to much of a gamble to use R/R, hopefully Ben Barker has nothing planned for next weekend.

Congratulations to Shadders on his 5-1 draw win, I`m sure the good lady will put it to good use.

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

No I was not. But I know what Phillips is like. Seen him enough in other away fixtures.

But not last night (don't know how many others you've missed recently)

58 minutes ago, StevePark said:

50 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Correct. Is Danny any better now?

His home points recently and the fact he was on the pace last night suggests yes he is.

13 hours ago, topsoil said:

Probably a good idea. It will be a hell of an ask for r/r for a double header.

Heard Cookies guesting for us in the 1st one and Masters in the 2nd one https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.862aaefd3695f154f697edba373ff3f6&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fNe7aenG4oM1Py%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=rvJnEv6MGaJ%2fs3eX5BxWoQ

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Always puts in 110%.

It's a pity the rest of the team only put in 100%.

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, StevePark said:

But not last night (don't know how many others you've missed recently)

His home points recently and the fact he was on the pace last night suggests yes he is.

Ok.