British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Newcastle , Saturday 31 August 7pm

1 hour ago, screm said:

All numbers now gone, great effort from everyone who is taking part and for the supporters club and club for organising this.

Anyone still interested can still register their details as there is the option to expand the numbers - and the prizes - in future. Name, email and a contactable telephone number via the Berwick Bandits Supporters Club Facebook page, email  club@berwickspeedway.com or I'll have a sheet to fill in at the Box Office table at the remaining home meetings. Come on 56, come on  56, come on 56!!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, screm said:

All numbers now gone, great effort from everyone who is taking part and for the supporters club and club for organising this.

Great news. The supporters club have done great work in the past organising tours and nights and donating towards riders' costs. The club will be much stronger going forward with their help. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Bring on the Dire monds.

Predictive text ???

as if ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

Bring on the Dire monds.

Predictive text ???

Bring on the dire monds you say ha I would say bring on the diamonds on a dire track #gate&go follow the leader speedway 

2 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Bring on the dire monds you say ha I would say bring on the diamonds on a dire track #gate&go follow the leader speedway 

should suit you as you're a bunch of gaters

1 minute ago, George Dodds said:

should suit you as you're a bunch of gaters

Who you trying to kid.. who has gated for us all season.. that's why we are 2nd bottom as speedway is becoming a gaters  sport especially in our league with the exception of 1 or 2 riders probly weathers & clegg for us so apart from maybe summers who does it for you lot away from home then..

32 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Who you trying to kid.. who has gated for us all season.. that's why we are 2nd bottom as speedway is becoming a gaters  sport especially in our league with the exception of 1 or 2 riders probly weathers & clegg for us so apart from maybe summers who does it for you lot away from home then..

Doesn't stop you being a bunch of gaters - the fact that they haven't is, as you say, why they are at the bottom.

Truth is speedway's always (in the 50-odd - some very odd - years I've been around anyway) been a gaters' sport, with some honourable exceptions.

Ivan Mauger wasn't famous for his from the back victories was he? Ole Olsen, Hans Nielsen, Eric Gundersen, Bruce Penhall, even Tony Rikk won their world titles because they gated more often than the others - Peter Collins won one, largely because he didn't. 

Didn't make any of them unwatchable in the slightest.

• Like 1

Or wait until Friday night meetings are over before you announce your chosen guest is still available(unhurt).

My guess is Ricky.

Berwick Bandits

1 Aaron Summers Rider/replacement 

2 Dany Gappmaier 

3 Tomas H Jonasson 

4 Kevin Doolan (C )

5 Jye Etheridge 

6 Coty Garcia 

7 Leon Flint 

Newcastle Diamonds

1 Steve Worrall

2 Ulrich Ostergaard

3 Lasse Bjerre

4 Marry Wethers

5 Thomas Jorgensen

6 Max Clegg

7 Danny Phillips

Also Berwick Academy v Ashfield Giants in the Northern Junior League.

Half-time collection for the Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund and the first Bandits 5-1 Draw.

Admission £17 adults, £13 concessions, children accompanied by a paying adult free, Family and Friends two adults admissions and two Matchday Magazines for £35. Car parking free.

Start 7pm. 

I've just gone through all Berwick Home Matches using the Updates Site and in the vast majority of races the result were decided from the gate, mostly it was the home

heat leader who had gated so won the race but when the opposition heat leader gated he was never passed.

When we reopened in 1975 I can remember plenty of passes by the Newcastle Riders on our deeper track, they knew gating was not as important as now and so when

they missed the start they could ride round the opposition by attacking round the bends and won many races from the back. 

Well done all at Berwick in their sterling efforts to ensure speedway continues up there. Speedway needs all the plus points it can get, this is certainly a great example of what can be done if you are pro-active.  And speedway needs Berwick, and hopefully Worky back riding very soon .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

I've just gone through all Berwick Home Matches using the Updates Site and in the vast majority of races the result were decided from the gate, mostly it was the home

heat leader who had gated so won the race but when the opposition heat leader gated he was never passed.

When we reopened in 1975 I can remember plenty of passes by the Newcastle Riders on our deeper track, they knew gating was not as important as now and so when

they missed the start they could ride round the opposition by attacking round the bends and won many races from the back. 

You've got far to much time on your hands.