British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Birmingham v Berwick 28/8/19

R/R for Castagna, Perry debut for Jenkins at reserve for Birmingham.

Barker guesting at 1 for Berwick, Thomas H Jonasson makes his debut at number 3 for Berwick.

Berwick team line up is 

1 Barker 

2 Gappmaier

3 THJ

4 Doolan

5 Etheridge

6 Garcia

7 Flint

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Tobias Thomsen, Tero Aarnio, Ellis Perks, Jason Garrity, Nick Agertoft, Tom Perry.

BERWICK: Ben Barker, Dany Gappmaier, Tomas H Jonasson, Kevin Doolan, Jye Etheridge, Coty Garcia, Leon Flint.

Paco on international duty replaced by Ellis Perks

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this is on the radio? 

4 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Didn’t realise you’s could get a guest, and thats a good one!

He is representing his country in an international competition, why not?  Donkeys' years ago, we had a guest for Arthur Browning, who was representing GB in an international trials comp!

1 minute ago, *JJ said:

He is representing his country in an international competition, why not?  Donkeys' years ago, we had a guest for Arthur Browning, who was representing GB in an international trials comp!

Only because the SCB had bollocks as well as teeth then, they've got neither now!

• Like 1

Good luck Brummies, won't be there.

8 hours ago, *JJ said:

I thought European things weren’t given the time of day in the past? It was RR or NL guest? Is it a recognised meeting, I.e FIM, SCB or whatever.. 

And I’m only asking here so don’t shoot me :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

I thought European things weren’t given the time of day in the past? It was RR or NL guest? Is it a recognised meeting, I.e FIM, SCB or whatever.. 

You are right the FIM Europe events(SEC, U21, Pairs, team,etc) were not recognised as meetings you could miss by the BSPA up until about 5 years ago(ie no facility)- then  that changed with the BSPA under pressure from the ACU/SCB no doubt. 

40 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

It is a major FIM-Europe event, recent past winners include the mighty speedway nation of Italy!

( and most of Italy's points were scored by an Argentinian)

Edited by arnieg
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Having said that? I've just seen the weather forecast???

Meeting is 'OFF' !

P.s Well done to the owners for a 'common sense' decision!

Edited by GiveusaB

We will wait to see what MR M Robinson has got to say with it being rained off at this time? Mind you as normal it will all be bull sh... as normal.