British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Top riders don't need to have ridden a track before.

Took Gollob 2 rides to figure Monmore out! Was awful before.

57 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich should win this fairly comfortable if Josh is out injured. While they have collapsed recently, they are riding at home with a greatly strengthened lineup.

Iversen is a proper number one and capable of going through the card unbeaten. Allen has dropped to reserve. King is on form. Lawson and Harris are decent riders who have struggled in the last few meetings but are still capable. 

Pirates have lost their Mr reliable, plus no longer have Covatti at reserve. Wells has been poor overall. THJ is really a complete unknown in what he will do.

To be honest an Ipswich win is not a bad result for us. We don’t want Wolves to make top 4 ahead of Belle Vue.

You say Iversen is a proper number 1, but on a 7.38 average is he really? You have a rider above that and 2 just below, so does that mean you have 3 proper number 1s? 

I certainly don't see him going through the card that's for certain. 

Lynn fans will know more than me Baldyman, but I think that modest average was due to a poor year riding with a shoulder injury? That’s why they desperately wanted him back on an average he was sure to increase

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ipswich should win this fairly comfortable if Josh is out injured. While they have collapsed recently, they are riding at home with a greatly strengthened lineup.

Iversen is a proper number one and capable of going through the card unbeaten. Allen has dropped to reserve. King is on form. Lawson and Harris are decent riders who have struggled in the last few meetings but are still capable. 

Pirates have lost their Mr reliable, plus no longer have Covatti at reserve. Wells has been poor overall. THJ is really a complete unknown in what he will do.

To be honest an Ipswich win is not a bad result for us. We don’t want Wolves to make top 4 ahead of Belle Vue.

Running scared of us then :rofl:

41 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You say Iversen is a proper number 1, but on a 7.38 average is he really? You have a rider above that and 2 just below, so does that mean you have 3 proper number 1s? 

I certainly don't see him going through the card that's for certain. 

Hes a proper No 1 on a false average.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What a load of old twaddle as usual.

Josh is a loss for sure ....but you conveniently miss out the point that Heeps is missing for us

We have lost 2 riders in KP and Kennett who scored 11 last time...........Sarjeant will do well to get a point.so Niels will need to get 12 or 13......unlikely on his first night for us...to match what KP and Kennett scored last time

Allen is now reserve......he was reserve last time we rode you and scored 3.........he is still carrying an injury......Wells beat him all 3 times they met last time

If any team is riding with a greatly strengthened line up its Poole.......somehow you forget dishing out all the chat about how Poole beat Ipswich with an understrength side..............dont you remember saying how you would destroy us when you had your full team???

Poole were missing Kurtz and Covatti and had Newman score 0................Doolan only got 5 from 6 rides

Poole go back to Ipswich much much stronger than when they won at our place

We have to hope that NKI and Sarj can somehow come up with 15 points.....that Allen can somehow with his injury issues find a way to beat Wells around Foxhall, whilst at the same time trying to contain ex gp star THJ , who now he is back at Poole will be happy again.

Can Ipswich find a way to stop Holder from going through the card , KP was one of only 2 riders to beat him last time

Also can we stop Klindt who was leading the witches a merry dance last time , passed King for fun in one race

And how do we cover a rider like Heeps???

These Pirates fly at Foxhall, but Ipswich as underdogs need to find some fighting spirit and group together and with their backs against the wall can hopefully grab the win they need

Lets be honest if Ipswich can grab the win it will be one of the surprises of the season but we can do it.......

And how does an Ipswich win help Poole.........how does it have an effect on who comes higher in Wolves or Belle Vue??

Surely Poole as hot favourites should target a win here and take top spot and choose Ipswich the weakest of the 4 if we make it........If Poole dont finish top then Swindon will choose Ipswich and Poole will be left to beat probably Wolves ....and we know that Poole are awful at Monmore

Come on you witches lets grab that play off place..............we need some heroes and some luck!!

Well I was going to reply to Shovvy, but you have done a much better job than I would have.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Covatti isn't at reserve, THJ is and has he ever even seen the track?

Yes, he popped in a little 5-1 in heat 14 to help seal a come from behind victory for the Robins 47-46

http://www.swindon-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.1192

Twas the night before I flew to Toruń to see Tommy G slap in a 7 ride max.

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 1

Far too much is being made of Pooles previous victory at Foxhall. These things happen. On our previous visit to Swindon, Swindon had to pull of heroics in heat 15 to nab the win, this week we got mauled by more than 40 points, that’s speedway. 

Different night, probably different conditions, and definitely different personnel. Previous meetings are completely irrelevant. 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Far too much is being made of Pooles previous victory at Foxhall. These things happen. On our previous visit to Swindon, Swindon had to pull of heroics in heat 15 to nab the win, this week we got mauled by more than 40 points, tha3t’s speedway. 

Different night, probably different conditions, and definitely different personnel. Previous meetings are completely irrelevant. 

Absofu#kinglutely. 

Previous means Jack schnitzel. No one a favourite or underdog,,, wish those girls would sort it out in the playground like normal kids do. .

Edited by Baldyman

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They have to be exceptionally good to rock up and only drop a point or two though. It’s difficult enough to do that on a home track they know like the back of their hand. 

Iversen should be in that class, i know he isn't Tony Rickardsson but he should be able to beat our heat leaders. 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Don’t think Poole will try too hard to take the win, they would much rather Ipswich be in the play offs than Wolves or Kings Lynn because if either do they will be bang in form.

I'm not sure trying to control who makes the playoffs is a good idea. If you want to win will have to beat the best team anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Covatti isn't at reserve, THJ is and has he ever even seen the track?

Must have when he rode for Edinburgh??

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes I know, but hasn't the foxhole track been re-shaped since then? I don't think I dreamt it as I never dream of such things!!

Edited by Skidder1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure if he has as he rode for Edinburgh in 2008 when Ipswich were still in top league 

• Like 1