British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

11 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Some may say, he is a sandwich short of a picnic. 

Lift doesn't make it to the top floor.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AntiqueSteve said:

....Ok let's spell it out for some of you...

It was a crucial part of the meeting..only a race win or two between the teams.

For once Poole were out gated, Ippo were away and gone, Poole both at the back, Brady went down on his own, he was gonna get up, he looked back at his mate at the back, so stayed back down to get the race stopped.

Pretty much as soon as it was stopped he got straight back up

There was only four points between the teams so it could have changed the outcome of the meeting, which in this particular case could mean Ippo missing the play offs

The Ipswich fans are normally pretty respectful and they always clap when a rider gets up without injury, but they mostly booed because everyone in the stadium saw it.

It was a "professional foul"...end of  

Perhaps you need to take your rose tinted glasses off....

If the positions were reversed and an Ipswich rider had got up and let the race continue there would have been uproar. It's only seen as cheating when the other side does it. Long standing fans still laugh about the time when Kevin Jolly done exactly the same thing at King's Lynn back in the 70's, when the league was actually a meaningful competition. That did win us the match back then. What Kurtz did made no difference to the result, we gated on a 5-1 in the re-run but Holder easily got by King  in the only genuine pass of the match. 

What was more depressing was that a good crowd had turned up, positive new signings in the Witches camp and a genuine must win scenario only to find that yet again they were given a total pile of crap to race on. Dust after 4 heats, no extra water put down, nothing round the outside, just the usual gate  and go you get at Ipswich these days. The close scoreline made for a good atmosphere  but how much better it would have been if there was some decent racing to go with it. At the end of the day the better side won.

• Like 3

Have you ever read any witches social media after a meeting, some think it's fantastic exciting racing,. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Have you ever read any witches social media after a meeting, some think it's fantastic exciting racing,. 

I have, and think what the f@ck were they actually watching? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Some may say, he is a sandwich short of a picnic. 

I'd say he's a picnic short of a picnic.

8 hours ago, The Weasel said:

I'd say he's a picnic short of a picnic.

Hasn't even got the blanket although the term basket case may be appropriate :)

On 8/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Says someone who is now pretending to have been there.

Hmm lets have a look.....

On 8/30/2019 at 10:01 AM, Gavan said:

Dont need to pretend i was there...........obviously you condone cheating i would have expected that

On 8/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, Gavan said:

I do want to see the best teams and yes Poole are one of those

I went Bank Holiday Monday v Kings Lynn as i didnt have my kids

I went recently to the Swindon match as my children were abroad with their mum

And last night my mate had them with his kids 

Might be to much to go to Swindon at home as its my night with my children

Thanks for your concern on what matches i watch

On 8/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, Gavan said:

And how does that make sense

2 of the 3 home matches ive been to were against Swindon and Poole the best two teams in the league.

If i wanted to see Ipswich win i would have gone to the Peterborough match.

When we was in the lower league i used to go when Glasgow, Berwick or Sheffield were there bot teams like Berwick and Newcastle

I want to see the best teams when i go

Very strange thing for you to say.....not surprised

22 hours ago, Gavan said:

Ok i will let you have your view.........myself and the rest of the people that were there have ours.......expected as i say

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But you were not there. Stop trying to make out that you were by wording it like that. You have as much idea as I have as to what happened. 

Erm........

21 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He has already said he wasn’t there.

hmmmm .... me thinks you are showing the levels of Starman

14 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Forcing your opinion on someone is aggressive. People are allowed different opinions. 

Edit- I'm sure if Brady is reading this he is laughing his head off :D

There isnt an opinion to be had....we was there we saw it......as expected you and Shovlar and Starman try and defend it.....laughable

13 hours ago, Bash said:

That's why he was grinning walking past the home straight stand while he was being booed. He knows what he done and that was blatant cheating. If he was winded he wouldn't look to see where his team mate was before falling back down, he wouldn't have moved in the first place. 

I couldnt see from where i was that he was grinning but the cat call and boos were evident...........of course he was winded........when im winded i often have a delayed reaction...go to stand up have a look about and then sit back down again lol

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I have already said what i think about what Brady did but you cannot say that Jack wouldn't have passed King as he did in the re-run so you can't say it changed the result of that race. What definitely changed the outcome of the meeting was Harris taking out THJ, an incident that pretty much all except the referee thought would result in a exclusion for Harris

Nope nobody has said the result of the race changed....we simply dont condone cheating..and ive already said Harris was lucky not to be excluded

The week previous Swindon beat us....the Ipswich fans stayed behind to applaud them on the way they rode..............this week the Poole riders were booed....says it all

Must be jealousy lol

Edited by Gavan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

There isnt an opinion to be had....we was there we saw it......as expected you and Shovlar and Starman try and defend it.....laughable

I couldnt see from where i was that he was grinning but the cat call and boos were evident...........of course he was winded........when im winded i often have a delayed reaction...go to stand up have a look about and then sit back down again lol

Nope nobody has said the result of the race changed....we simply dont condone cheating..and ive already said Harris was lucky not to be excluded

The week previous Swindon beat us....the Ipswich fans stayed behind to applaud them on the way they rode..............this week the Poole riders were booed....says it all

Must be jealousy lol

Why should the Poole riders be booed, i can understand Brady being booed but why should they all be booed, didn't hang around to see it myself.

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why should the Poole riders be booed, i can understand Brady being booed but why should they all be booed, didn't hang around to see it myself.

It was aimed at Brady....just all the Poole riders were on the truck........

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

It was aimed at Brady....just all the Poole riders were on the truck........

Ah i see, i didn't wait around long drive home.

I guess that if Ippo had managed to sneak a home win, the fair-minded fans would have booed Bomber?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1