British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Oh dear......i will let you off as you have the smiling emoji

The usual suspects see nothing wrong in what Kurtz done....... expected

If he was winded - and its perfectly understandable that he was - then there is 'nothing wrong in what he done' or what he did. Bearing in mind his recent injuries I'm sure he was simply being ultra cautious, with his parents there just prior to their return to Oz yesterday.

Edited by Skidder1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he was winded - and its perfectly understandable that he was - then there is 'nothing wrong in what he done' or what he did. Bearing in mind his recent injuries I'm sure he was simply being ultra cautious, with his parents there just prior to their return to Oz yesterday.

Ok i will let you have your view.........myself and the rest of the people that were there have ours.......expected as i say

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Mate I know you are up the management and riders arses because they know who you are but F me that is a ridiculous post. Not even Shov would say that and mean it. Let's just hope it happens against you in the play offs and then we will see what the reaction is then.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Mate I know you are up the management and riders arses because they know who you are but F me that is a ridiculous post. Not even Shov would say that and mean it. Let's just hope it happens against you in the play offs and then we will see what the reaction is then.

The decent Poole fans on here like foreverblue and rayc accept what Brady did was wrong....dont condone it....and move on

We then get the usual same ones trying to defend the indefensible

As ive said many many times......it didnt affect the result....not one Ipswich fan is saying it did..........

Starman called it sour grapes.........but we know he lacks intelligence

I expected Lisa and Shovlar to say it was ok because they never see anything bad 

Thought Skidder would have been different but oh well

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

The decent Poole fans on here like foreverblue and rayc accept what Brady did was wrong....dont condone it....and move on

We then get the usual same ones trying to defend the indefensible

As ive said many many times......it didnt affect the result....not one Ipswich fan is saying it did..........

Starman called it sour grapes.........but we know he lacks intelligence

I expected Lisa and Shovlar to say it was ok because they never see anything bad 

Thought Skidder would have been different but oh well

Did I say it was okay then??

We all know there would be absolute uproar on here if it had been the other way round and Poole had been on the receiving end. I would hate for one of Lynn’s riders to do it, I’d even go as far to say that a rider should be chucked out of the rest of the meeting if it’s absolutely blatant. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ok i will let you have your view.........myself and the rest of the people that were there have ours.......expected as i say

But you were not there. Stop trying to make out that you were by wording it like that. You have as much idea as I have as to what happened. 

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We all know there would be absolute uproar on here if it had been the other way round and Poole had been on the receiving end. I would hate for one of Lynn’s riders to do it, I’d even go as far to say that a rider should be chucked out of the rest of the meeting if it’s absolutely blatant. 

That's ridiculous. You don't get a red card for diving for a free kick or penalty in football. This is about the only thing you can compare speedway and football cos it is very similar. Maybe deducted 3pts from their individual score would be fairer?

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But you were not there. Stop trying to make out that you were by wording it like that. You have as much idea as I have as to what happened. 

You have no idea whether he attended or not, so stop trolling and winding him up Steve please.

1 minute ago, Badge said:

You have no idea whether he attended or not, so stop trolling and winding him up Steve please.

Umm, your fellow Ipswich fans started that when they claimed that no one has ever seen him there so he has prob never been and is a Poole fan disguised as an Ippo one! :unsure:

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's ridiculous. You don't get a red card for diving for a free kick or penalty in football. This is about the only thing you can compare speedway and football cos it is very similar. Maybe deducted 3pts from their individual score would be fairer?

It's not the equivalent of diving. It's the equivalent of a professional foul. Which is a red card.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Badge said:

He has already said he wasn’t there.

18 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It's not the equivalent of diving. It's the equivalent of a professional foul. Which is a red card.

Nah. Stay down to get a rerun is like staying down to get a free kick. Surely a professional foul is like taking someone out and leaving them no room. 

Out of interest what do they do in Poland? Seeing as they use yellow and red card system.

22 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Spot on. In any case the intention wouldn't be to throw riders out of meetings, it would be to stop them cheating and I’m sure it would immediately. 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

a rider should be chucked out of the rest of the meeting if it’s absolutely blatant

A bit extreme, but an understandable reaction.

I'm a bit confused about the 15m penalty rule that came in and some say has been dropped. Did referees complain that they were being asked to adjudicate on what was in a rider's mind? "Did he stay down on purpose or not?" For me, referees often have to make such judgements and this is no different. "Did he close the door on purpose or did he just drift a bit wide?" being a common example.  The 15m penalty for a team mate in the rerun seems a fair response to a rider apparently staying down on purpose when his team mate is in 3rd place. I think I can tell if a rider is making a bonafide attempt to clear the track. How many times have we seen riders hobbling off the track with a damaged bike? For sure, if there was a suitable punishment for manipulating the situation, would riders take the risk?