British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why should the Poole riders be booed, i can understand Brady being booed but why should they all be booed, didn't hang around to see it myself.

It was only aimed at Kurtz

Klindt took it in good spirits with some gestures back (not rude) which is fine by me :t:. If you are dishing it out you cant expect nothing back

The same with Tungate at Boro - we were less than complementary and he gave some back. No way would I then complain at his actions even though his response was less light hearted than Klindts! :P

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I guess that if Ippo had managed to sneak a home win, the fair-minded fans would have booed Bomber?!

We have already been vocal there both at the stadium and on social media regarding his performances where it has seemed justified

Re Thursday why would we boo him? He didn't cheat. He didn't deliberately cause the crash and he didn't make the decision to exclude THJ. If boos are required for that incident they would be aimed at the ref 

Skidder and Starman really are a joke . Cringe every time i read their posts . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess that if Ippo had managed to sneak a home win, the fair-minded fans would have booed Bomber?!

You win the award for silly post of the day

Looked to me like Bomber should have been excluded..............was it cheating....no

Cant compare what happened in that incident to what Kurtz did.

The ref excluded THJ... i thought that was the wrong call.

50 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

From your angle Gav, what did it look like bomber did? As it always looks different around the stadium. 

I was at that point standing near where the disabled viewing is....thought he came in fast and ever so slightly nudged THJ...........i wouldnt have been surprised at all had Harris been excluded

Such a cheat that Chris Harris lol

• Like 1

From my view he went in between Poole riders going down back straight,  they all got to corner, Kurtz turned which he had to, which nudged Harris into THJ, bit of a domino effect, no one's fault really, but it should never have been THJ to go. 

I will reverse the roles and give the 'Poole version' had Harris been a Pirate against 2 Witches......

Bomber found tremendous grip and speed to expertly cut through the Witches pair  to lead as all 3 approached  turn 3 only for Kurtz to delay his turned forcing him wider whilst THJ despite being behind tried to drop it on him. Something had to give an THJ went down with the Witch being rightly excluded :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow bruv, those a strong Poole tinted glasses., maybe both witches should have gone, leaving a 5,,0 to Poole? 

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I will reverse the roles and give the 'Poole version' had Harris been a Pirate against 2 Witches......

Bomber found tremendous grip and speed to expertly cut through the Witches pair  to lead as all 3 approached  turn 3 only for Kurtz to delay his turned forcing him wider whilst THJ despite being behind tried to drop it on him. Something had to give an THJ went down with the Witch being rightly excluded :D

From my vantage point, sadly I didn't see it, but I can safely say my ears are still ringing after having to listen to muddlos conversation with the the ref :o

Edited by Badge
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

From my vantage point, sadly I didn't see it, but I can safely say my ears are ringing after having to listen to muddlos conversation with the the ref :o

If you didn't see it, then that's perfect, your view on the situation should be correct and un biased. Your view would be even better if you had heard someone talking about it whilst out doing some shopping. Maybe you got it first hand from a riders friends girlfriends dog walker. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Very funny! No they wouldn't bomber was the cause and should have been excluded but completely different situation. 

14 hours ago, Gavan said:

There isnt an opinion to be had....we was there we saw it......as expected you and Shovlar and Starman try and defend it.....laughable

I couldnt see from where i was that he was grinning but the cat call and boos were evident...........of course he was winded........when im winded i often have a delayed reaction...go to stand up have a look about and then sit back down again lol

Nope nobody has said the result of the race changed....we simply dont condone cheating..and ive already said Harris was lucky not to be excluded

The week previous Swindon beat us....the Ipswich fans stayed behind to applaud them on the way they rode..............this week the Poole riders were booed....says it all

Must be jealousy lol

Defending it? Haha. If I was defending it, I'd do a better job than that! People are allowed a different opinion Gavan whether you like it or not. But you've never been quite able to grasp that idea! 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Defending it? Haha. If I was defending it, I'd do a better job than that! People are allowed a different opinion Gavan whether you like it or not. But you've never been quite able to grasp that idea! 

I love the fact that the only people who have a different view on what Brady did are 4 Poole fans...you, skidder, shovlar and starman and yet none of you were even there!

The Poole fans who were there have been happy to admit that Brady was wrong........its not opinion when the facts are there for everyone to see

What is opinion is the Harris/THJ incident

My opinion is that Harris was at fault and should have been excluded....you see although i support Ipswich i can actually admit when i think one of my own team were at fault.....maybe some of you Poole fans should try that......

Kurtz deliberately stayed down...........not opinion....fact

Edited by Gavan

Isn't a fact something that's proven to be true?   It's of the opinion of those that were there that he stayed down, it's still not a fact. Come on Gavan, you can do better. 

• Haha 1