British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

REDCAR V SOMERSET FRIDAY 30TH AUGUST

This should be a belter , first time this season at MPA for Nick Morris , always rides our place well . going to be very close .

Good luck Bears !!!! The Play-offs are looming , quite a few us Comets backing you all the way :t:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Another great result for the Bears, 3 more points towards the play-offs. Congratulations to Tom Woolley  gaining race points, to great applause from the home fans.

The Rebels pushed all the way. 

The only minus points tonight, Charles having to withdraw in Heat 13, and Jordan strangely out of sorts, well down on his usual 8-9 point home meeting returns. 

Still, another win, now on to Eastbourne in the KOC  UTB !! 

Shame that a cracking meeting had the edge taken off it by the injury to Charles. If it is concussion then he will miss the Riders Championship on Sunday, which he must have been one of the favourites for.

Hopefully fit for next week  - would be such a shame for him to be absent for the KOC semi finals.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

Another great result for the Bears, 3 more points towards the play-offs. Congratulations to Tom Woolley  gaining race points, to great applause from the home fans.

The Rebels pushed all the way. 

The only minus points tonight, Charles having to withdraw in Heat 13, and Jordan strangely out of sorts, well down on his usual 8-9 point home meeting returns. 

Still, another win, now on to Eastbourne in the KOC  UTB !! 

Jordan was poor against Berwick as well.

First meeting I've been to in a few weeks - Jordan did struggle in his first 2 rides but after he changed bikes he looked a lot better.

Was involved in 2 great races after that - not too concerned about his form.

Another rider deserves a mention - Andersen, been a cracking signing.

• Like 3

As mentioned, the edge was taken off after Charles injury - just hope he is fit for the KOC Semi but if not that at least for Cardiff!

Fairly solid throughout - Greaves had a better meeting and good to see Woolley scoring some points. Not too concerned about Stewart - was very unlucky to come last in his third ride. Hopefully just lowering his average for next season...

Andersen has been a much better signing than I expected, full value for money from him.

For Somerset the heatleader all impressed although Covatti did not seem as quick as last week. Impressed with Rowe as well, always in the mix.

Would like to see the 13 and 15 incidents again - I though Morris fully at fault for 13 but also Riss in 15..

think Riss less so in heat 15 as he got nudged by MPT , but he wasn`t taking any prisoners with Morris

42 minutes ago, boz said:

As mentioned, the edge was taken off after Charles injury - just hope he is fit for the KOC Semi but if not that at least for Cardiff!

Fairly solid throughout - Greaves had a better meeting and good to see Woolley scoring some points. Not too concerned about Stewart - was very unlucky to come last in his third ride. Hopefully just lowering his average for next season...

Andersen has been a much better signing than I expected, full value for money from him.

For Somerset the heatleader all impressed although Covatti did not seem as quick as last week. Impressed with Rowe as well, always in the mix.

Would like to see the 13 and 15 incidents again - I though Morris fully at fault for 13 but also Riss in 15..

Why would Stewart be trying to lower his average for next season? The meeting was in the balance and points needed to qualify for the play offs which means extra meetings and money for him if Redcar qualify. Doesn't he have an expensive engine blow up to pay for as well? 

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Shame that a cracking meeting had the edge taken off it by the injury to Charles. If it is concussion then he will miss the Riders Championship on Sunday, which he must have been one of the favourites for.

Hopefully fit for next week  - would be such a shame for him to be absent for the KOC semi finals.

Statutory 10days out after a concussion injury

shame if CW is out of CLRC only one I could see getting close to Danny King.

No fault of King but i think RC should be on neutral track, if there is such a thing when they all double up.

may be hold it at IOW or Mildenhall LOL