British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Bear

REDCAR V SOMERSET FRIDAY 30TH AUGUST

42 minutes ago, HGould said:

shame if CW is out of CLRC only one I could see getting close to Danny King.

No fault of King but i think RC should be on neutral track, if there is such a thing when they all double up.

may be hold it at IOW or Mildenhall LOL

This discussion pops up quite regularly, you are right that these events should be somewhere as neutral as possible but unfortunately the state speedway is in requires the big events to be held where a decent crowd will turn up. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, boz said:

As mentioned, the edge was taken off after Charles injury - just hope he is fit for the KOC Semi but if not that at least for Cardiff!

Fairly solid throughout - Greaves had a better meeting and good to see Woolley scoring some points. Not too concerned about Stewart - was very unlucky to come last in his third ride. Hopefully just lowering his average for next season...

Andersen has been a much better signing than I expected, full value for money from him.

For Somerset the heatleader all impressed although Covatti did not seem as quick as last week. Impressed with Rowe as well, always in the mix.

Would like to see the 13 and 15 incidents again - I though Morris fully at fault for 13 but also Riss in 15..

How many times can it be said, with rolling averages you can barely drop your average! Jordan was just unlucky tonight, but trust me he's extremely disappointed with his form of late

It was not an entirely serious point.. 

Once he changed bikes last night he rode well - heat 9 was a cracker and I'm still not sure how he finished last. 

2 hours ago, HGould said:

No fault of King but i think RC should be on neutral track, if there is such a thing when they all double up.

Masters and Cook..:t:

Wasn’t there last night so cannot comment on exact times but what time was the curfew enforced as I am pretty sure the British semi final racing went on until around 10:15 after there had been a big crash in heat 1 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

IOW or Mildenhall? One is too isolated and the other is not really suitable for major events.

16 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Wasn’t there last night so cannot comment on exact times but what time was the curfew enforced as I am pretty sure the British semi final racing went on until around 10:15 after there had been a big crash in heat 1 

it was 10.04 when it was announced

Kyle Howarth replaces Charles Wright in the CLRC tomorrow.

Confirmed that Charles suffered concussion and will miss the next 3 Bears meetings under 9 day rule.

Bears looking for guests for both legs of the KOC semi finals. Big blow for the Bears, just hope we can get decent guests.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, boz said:

As mentioned, the edge was taken off after Charles injury - just hope he is fit for the KOC Semi but if not that at least for Cardiff!

Fairly solid throughout - Greaves had a better meeting and good to see Woolley scoring some points. Not too concerned about Stewart - was very unlucky to come last in his third ride. Hopefully just lowering his average for next season...

Andersen has been a much better signing than I expected, full value for money from him.

For Somerset the heatleader all impressed although Covatti did not seem as quick as last week. Impressed with Rowe as well, always in the mix.

Would like to see the 13 and 15 incidents again - I though Morris fully at fault for 13 but also Riss in 15..

Very entertaining meeting :approve: especially when the dirt line moved out a bit.

I too thought Morris was to blame. Off gate one, he was mid track by the time they entered the first bend and shoved Riss and Wright up against the fence. 

I'd also agree about Riss but this was far less clear cut. Riss was off 3, Morris 4 so the possibility of a collision was far greater. 

8 hours ago, boz said:

It was not an entirely serious point.. 

Once he changed bikes last night he rode well - heat 9 was a cracker and I'm still not sure how he finished last. 

Rarely has a rider put in so much effort for so little reward and he deserves better than criticism. His only disappointment might be when he was beaten by Rowe in heat 5, otherwise he was up against it in every race and while he finished at the back in heat 9 Harris and Schlein took so long to get by him Palm Toft was clear. That was a crucial - possibly decisive - contribution. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Redcar received a telling off for the British Semi Final over running, hence the pulling of the plug last night as we're now on a last chance warning!

Mid week the promoters were in talks with the council and even last week's meeting had an environmental officer from the council checking things after other complaints

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Confirmed that Charles suffered concussion and will miss the next 3 Bears meetings under 9 day rule.

Bears looking for guests for both legs of the KOC semi finals. Big blow for the Bears, just hope we can get decent guests.

Major, major blow for the Bears. Irreplaceable in my opinion.