British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Andreas Jonsson has announced his retirement- thanks for the memories we will have AJ

Blimey! :cry: I fondly remember his time at Coventry, growing in stature from a good rider to a world beater!

Such a nice bloke with a great sense of humour too!

Always approachable and always found time for a chat even at the GP's after he'd left Coventry.

Like R&R says..Thanks for the memories AJ.

• Like 1

Happy memories of AJ as a Bee - always exciting to watch in full flight

• Like 1

Top bloke and a great rider.

As Gambo said it was a pleasure to watch him grow into that world class rider with the Bees.

All the best AJ and thank you.

Aye - it comes to us all. :sad:

Great Rider.

Good luck in your retirement AJ.

"You can't do that Andreas Jonsson!" :D

Very likeable, entertaining rider and talented enough to be World Champion...and he very nearly was. Happy retirement.

Blimey it dosen't seem that long ago that he burst upon the scene. How time flies and good luck to him!

AJ remained popular with the Coventry fans long after he left the club. A special talent.

Have a well earned rest and come back, in whatever capacity, when you're ready.

Great rider and all-round good egg is AJ. I remember Billy Hamill once saying of him, "he's got hips like Elvis!"

Always rode for rival teams, but an entertaining rider who I never had any ill will against.

Enjoy retirement and whatever comes next.

Edited by BWitcher

A long and successful career, not sure he gets much rest though. I'd say there is some pressure on him to get involved with Rospiggarna since he is from Hallstavik. 

21 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

A long and successful career, not sure he gets much rest though. I'd say there is some pressure on him to get involved with Rospiggarna since he is from Hallstavik. 

His name was already in one of the SR’s for the international meetings arranged at Hallstavik this season... It’s been about 20 years since I first saw him ride at Pori in the Nordic final...

Top quality rider, have some great memories of his time a Brandon. Just sad that he didn't manage to lift a world title as i always thought it was within his capabilities. 

• Like 3