British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v. Newcastle 28.08.19

TEAMS:

SHEFFIELD: Danny King, Josh MacDonald, Justin Sedgmen, Todd Kurtz, Kyle Howarth, Zaine Kennedy, Broc Nicol.

NEWCASTLE: Steve Worrall, Thomas Jorgensen R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Matt Wethers, Ulrich Ostergaard, Max Clegg, Danny Phillips.

A return to evening racing will make some happy and some sad... the return of Broc at the expense of Drew will make some happy and some sad... the current rain we are having will make some happy and some sad....

A day of mixed emotions!!

Meeting OFF

5 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Will be next Wednesday 4th September

Provisional (according to Sheff facebook)

Think they might have jumped in a bit quick with this call off. What rain we've had up to know hasn't been as much as they forecast and what's fallen appears to have evaporated very fast. 

I appreciate what the forecast is and the distances riders/fans would have been travelling, but I think they could have given another couple of hours to firm things up a little.

5 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Think they might have jumped in a bit quick with this call off. What rain we've had up to know hasn't been as much as they forecast and what's fallen appears to have evaporated very fast. 

I appreciate what the forecast is and the distances riders/fans would have been travelling, but I think they could have given another couple of hours to firm things up a little.

Have you seen the met forecast for Sheffield.gonna ...s it down around four then again around seven so good call I think!!

2 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Have you seen the met forecast for Sheffield.gonna ...s it down around four then again around seven so good call I think!!

Now says heavy rain from 4 till 6.

From a selfish point of view that's a good call so I don't miss the meeting.Off to watch Wednesday at Rotherham 

What was the weather like.. I’ve been on the east coast and seen very little rain.. was it a good call ?? 

Yes it was a good call by the management, I take it all back! It did PI$$ it down for 2 hours after my initial post, so even though it had stopped around an hour before the scheduled start the track wouldn't have been in any way good enough for racing.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, The Third Man said:

Where were you Steve?

We had no rain at all after about 1pm

About 4.5 miles north of Owlerton, we didn't have any rain to talk about until 4.15 ish and it really came down hard until 6.30 pm. It just goes to show how localised precipitation can be here in the foothills of the pennines!

I left a sunny Sheffield at 11.45 without a coat and arrived 20 minutes later to a massive downpour in Barnsley. Collected my friends kids and returned back to a very damp Sheffield thinking the planned return trip via Owlerton wouldn't happen! And it rained on and off over Southwest Sheffield during the afternoon then hammered it down just before 5 then was dry for the rest of the evening.