British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Sheffield v. Newcastle 28.08.19

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

And why is that, pray tell?

I spoke to a member of the Newcastle promotion this afternoon and asked if we were at Sheffield next wednesday to book time off work and he said " We are not there so don't bother". 

1 hour ago, leander said:

I spoke to a member of the Newcastle promotion this afternoon and asked if we were at Sheffield next wednesday to book time off work and he said " We are not there so don't bother". 

Probably why they put it on the fixtures page as 'provisional'. Thanks for that I can now make plans accordingly!

1 hour ago, leander said:

Did they tell you when it would be?

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Did they tell you when it would be?

No date yet. I would suspect Newcastle's two danes are unavailable next wednesday, though I don't know. Jorgensen had a danish fixture last wednesday which is why we were using R/R for him. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, leander said:

No date yet. I would suspect Newcastle's two danes are unavailable next wednesday, though I don't know. Jorgensen had a danish fixture last wednesday which is why we were using R/R for him. 

It was announced at the Meeting yesterday that this fixture will be on Wednesday 11th September.

1 hour ago, TigerAl said:

It was announced at the Meeting yesterday that this fixture will be on Wednesday 11th September.

That seems to be confirmed on the SGB site.

3 hours ago, TigerAl said:

Per tigers website story about CLRC  "Despite two provisional dates being announced, Tigers remain in discussions with Newcastle regarding a new date for the outstanding Championship fixture at Owlerton. This makes me feel the date is still in some doubt. they certainly have not made it very clear

5 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Per tigers website story about CLRC  "Despite two provisional dates being announced, Tigers remain in discussions with Newcastle regarding a new date for the outstanding Championship fixture at Owlerton. This makes me feel the date is still in some doubt. they certainly have not made it very clear

Wednesday 11 September is the Date Sheffield want Newcastle to come, but I don't believe it is set in concrete yet. Wednesday is a danish league night, and Newcastle have three danes in their side. It would probably depend on their availability. Newcastle were prepared  to come on the original date of 29/08 without Thomas Jorgensen but I'd doubt they'd want to come if two or more are missing.

Unless we can have Broc Nicol as a guest :lol:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, leander said:

Wednesday 11 September is the Date Sheffield want Newcastle to come, but I don't believe it is set in concrete yet. Wednesday is a danish league night, and Newcastle have three danes in their side. It would probably depend on their availability. Newcastle were prepared  to come on the original date of 29/08 without Thomas Jorgensen but I'd doubt they'd want to come if two or more are missing.

Unless we can have Broc Nicol as a guest :lol:

It's still on the SGB website, but maybe their just pranking us ?

If Newcastle can't agree on a Wednesday night because of rider availability why don't they Change a Sunday meeting to their off race night and come to Sheffield on a Sunday ? Or is that too simple ?Like working together to get the fixture on .No wonder speedway is a joke !!!,

• Like 1

Why can not Sheffield speedway make a statement to explain the contradiction on their website? Or would they prefer everyone to turn up on the wrong date and have no gate receipts when it is staged. The fans are not the enemy.

39 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

If Newcastle can't agree on a Wednesday night because of rider availability why don't they Change a Sunday meeting to their off race night and come to Sheffield on a Sunday ? Or is that too simple ?Like working together to get the fixture on .No wonder speedway is a joke !!!,

We were originally due to go on a Sunday but it was rained off, surprise, surprise. the only free sunday we had since then was yesterday which was the Championship Rider Individual. We don't have any more. Certainly none before the cut-off. There are two home league fixtures left. Redcar and Edinburgh who I very much doubt would cancel as they stand a chance of reaching the play-offs. Our off night, as you put it, is a monday, which the Premiership won't let us use for the same reason they won't let Sheffield use a thursday. Newcastle stadium has dogs every other night of the week. We also still have a cup-final and our 90th Anniversary meeting to arrange.

Looks like end of October then !!!!! Would a better idea be when the original fixtures come out teams who ride on same day race home and away early season to allow plenty of time for any rain offs to lessen the chance of fixtures not getting fulfilled. 10 home and 10 away to race ,it's now September and struggling to fit it in.???