British Speedway Forum

Clive Featherby RIP

Sorry being a Norwich Stars fan in the old National League pre 1965 amalgamation, I didn't see much Provincial League action apart from a few meetings at Great Yarmouth in 1960. Indeed Clive Featherby was a top star in the Provincial League!

I was referring more to the British League 1965 onwards!

Great character was Clive! 

Clive was a Kings Lynn regular and always gave 100% Very sad news that he has passed away. I send my condolences to all his family and friends.

Good as he was did Clive ever get to a PLRC Final? I know Jack Kitchen did and wasn't Jack part of a four man run off ( a Grand Final) for the 63 Championship- I am trying to remember the four riders in that race- I think they were Mauger (who won in a re-run), Kitchen, George Hunter and Wayne Briggs. Any forumlander at that meeting at Belle Vue?? Wish I could have gone.

4 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

Good as he was did Clive ever get to a PLRC Final? I know Jack Kitchen did and wasn't Jack part of a four man run off ( a Grand Final) for the 63 Championship- I am trying to remember the four riders in that race- I think they were Mauger (who won in a re-run), Kitchen, George Hunter and Wayne Briggs. Any forumlander at that meeting at Belle Vue?? Wish I could have gone.

Clive scored 1 point, representing Cradley Heath, in the 1960 PLRC final at Cradley Heath, 5 points in the 1962 meeting and 9 in 1963, both at Belle Vue.  The 1963 final was between Mauger, Kitchen, Ross Gilbertson and Hunter.  Wayne Briggs was second to Len Silver the year before.

Thanx mate- I have to admit I did not realise the 1960 PLRC was at CH, I did know that one final was held at Harringay-that must have been 1961- right? I wonder why CH was picked  for 1960-anybody know why?